OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbling in North MIss

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, February 23, 2018, 01:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I went to do a little scouting this morning at 10am. I saw and heard 2 gobs and one hen doing their thing. I estimate 20 gobbles or so. I wish I was there at daylight.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

dchughes7

Central MS as well. Predicting another early year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damson

They've been doing some gobbling for the past couple weeks here in S MS.  Do you happen to participate in MDWFP's spring turkey survey?

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

deerhunt1988

Haypatch

No gobbles for me this weekend but did some scouting on some new private land and some public i've never hunted on and found some promising sign!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

A couple were rattling off this morning. Maybe they will be ready in the morning.

deerhunt1988

Ain't heard a thing past three morns. Apparently they didn't like the frost!

walk_n_squawk24

They've been fired up in south central MS. Opening day of youth, heard three gobble from roost. One got introduced to a kid's 20 gauge. Last Saturday heard 3 more and was able to take a 2 yr old that gobbled his brains out mid morning. Early that afternoon went back with a buddy and called up 5 jakes that we got on video whooping our decoys and gobbling in unison. It's been a great start to our season. Best we've had in years.

ShootingABN!

I've been hunting public this whole season. My first in MS. Moved because of military. I've only heard about three birds this whole time. Do they still have hens. Yesterday, one bird gobbled one time, another 4 times. Nothing the rest of the day.

I need help with this ole birds.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: ShootingABN! on April 24, 2018, 04:27:55 PM
I've been hunting public this whole season. My first in MS. Moved because of military. I've only heard about three birds this whole time. Do they still have hens. Yesterday, one bird gobbled one time, another 4 times. Nothing the rest of the day.

Some still have hens. One I worked several days ago gobbled like crazy until a jake came to him then shut up.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on April 24, 2018, 08:15:22 PM
Quote from: ShootingABN! on April 24, 2018, 04:27:55 PM

Some still have hens. One I worked several days ago gobbled like crazy until a jake came to him then shut up.

I'm hoping to spend more time scouting before next spring... I've got a lot to learn here in MS....