OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rough day today  (Read 3606 times)

Offline KYHeadhunter02

• The Boss Gobbler
Rough day today
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:44:50 PM »
Long story short I quit my job today. I started working for my step dad in construction a couple years ago. In the last few months things haven't been good between him and I. We have had a decent relationship in the last 10 years. We hunted and fished together some. I don't think things between him and I will ever be the same after today though. If there had been any problems with him and I at work such as being a few minutes late here and there he would tell my mom and put her in the middle. Mind you we are both grown men. I guess I honestly lost respect for him as he has talked down to me and belittled me at work. I always have just kept my mouth shut and continued to work to avoid altercation. I've always wanted to talk to him, but I've never felt comfortable. Anyway, I had enough today and helped finish a job and walked off the job. I think he intentionally made me quit. I have been contemplating trying to start my own business, but I cannot decide what it would be. I don't feel like I have enough knowledge about one particular thing to do anything on my own. I have been praying for answers every single day and for God to lead me in the right direction. I still feel confused and lost on what do to career wise. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to what God is telling me or the doors he's opened. I feel angry, sad, and depressed with the whole situation.

Sorry for the long write, I just feel the need to vent. I would appreciate it if you guys could keep my family and I in your prayers. I have a wife and 5 year old and no money saved. I guess I'll try to find a job Monday.

Godbless

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
Re: Rough day today
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
God will provide, of that I have no doubt. But, you need to talk to your step dad and get things cleared. It would not be fair to either of you, not to mention your mother if there was a strained relationship between the two of you. Prayers are sent brother.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »
I will be praying for you and your family.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 08:07:43 AM »
scripture tells us ( Paul) to make every effort to live at peace with one another. Also in Philippians it says don't let the sun go down on you angry. Go and make peace if possible with your step dad. That doesn't mean you have to work with him, just ask him to forgive you any wrong and offer to keep your relationship civil. You can still love without liking someone. If he refuses do as Jesus said, shake the dust from your feet and move on.

I have found a truth in life. We often must become completely broken before we surrender enough to allow God to mold us into better people. Trust in the Lord and do what is right. Answers to prayers are usually on a much slower timeline than we would like, but hold on to that trust and things will work out. In the mean time you need to do what is necessary, God returns from what is given. So go look for that job or try picking up some small fix it jobs and do them as if you were doing it for God and allow him to give the increase. You may be surprised at the results. Life as well as our faith takes effort...self pity and frustration are not characteristics of men of faith, but honor and integrity are! Most human crisis are self made.

I know this sounds tough, but I truly want to tell you the truth and give you some useful advice.

Offline Double B

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:47:55 AM »
Praying for you brother.  Look for answers to prayer, it may not be the same as you're thinking, especially in the heat of the moment.   You can do all things but we all need help from above.   Pray and make sure you also read, lots of good bible apps, I like bible gateway for topics that can help you think it all out....in God's way and not our own.
Followed by buzzards

Offline wbyman

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 12:48:04 AM »
Prayers your way from GA.

I'm in an industry that is very volatile. You can expect to be laid off about every two years. I was recently laid off again about a month ago. I have had the same aspirations to start my own business and felt very much like you, what to do?

I was given some good advice along the way. First, "hustle while you wait". Create the opportunity Second, "point, shoot, and then aim the bullet". Get started and you will make it happen along the way. Opportunities will cross your path that inspire and help you build your business. Odds are it will not look like you thought it would in 6 months to a year. Be flexible!

I started my business a few years ago while working full time and it's the best thing I could have done.

Best of luck and God bless!

Peter
"Control your destiny, or someone else will"

Offline KYHeadhunter02

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 01:30:05 AM »
I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. I spent the week taking care of my daughter and trying to collect my thoughts. I managed to apply for a couple of jobs. No luck yet, but I realize it takes time. I haven't applied for as many as I should have. It seems like I have mixed feelings and racing thoughts and its difficult to make a solid decision. It's difficult to avoid feeling hopeless though. I have a lot of time to think and it's difficult to avoid being angry at myself for various reasons. I try to realize there are other people out there that are going through much more than I am. I of course continue to pray a couple of times daily.

God bless

Offline BOFF

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 10:07:50 AM »
Prayers for this time of being still, to be clear in hearing the Lord's voice and knowing fully of His direction.

Though there may have been many things your step dad did to make things difficult, it takes two, to make a relationship. I challenge you to be fully open in examining yourself, as we can not change others, only ourselves.

I'm not implying you did anything, just challenging you to do away with all pride, and humble yourself to look at what you can do, to be the better man and mend the relationship between you and your stepdad.

We have to forgive ourselves, and others, if that forgiveness of Christ has really set us apart and free in Him.

Part of the issue was all the years of not speaking and stuffing stuff inside. It makes "little" issues become bigger than they really are, due to all the years of not speaking.

Prayers for peace, resolution, strength, direction, and the wisdom and knowledge to use it, in seeking the Lord's ways for you.

God Bless,
David B.

Offline KYHeadhunter02

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
Prayers for this time of being still, to be clear in hearing the Lord's voice and knowing fully of His direction.

Though there may have been many things your step dad did to make things difficult, it takes two, to make a relationship. I challenge you to be fully open in examining yourself, as we can not change others, only ourselves.

I'm not implying you did anything, just challenging you to do away with all pride, and humble yourself to look at what you can do, to be the better man and mend the relationship between you and your stepdad.

We have to forgive ourselves, and others, if that forgiveness of Christ has really set us apart and free in Him.

Part of the issue was all the years of not speaking and stuffing stuff inside. It makes "little" issues become bigger than they really are, due to all the years of not speaking.

Prayers for peace, resolution, strength, direction, and the wisdom and knowledge to use it, in seeking the Lord's ways for you.

God Bless,
David B.
Very well said. Thank you! I did finally start a new job. It's nothing glamorous, but I'm greatful. Happy Easter everyone!