News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke Tube Suggestions-- 835 with Hevi 3.5"-2.25oz-#7

Started by tmcguire, March 09, 2018, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmcguire

Hey guys,
I'm looking for some advice for choke tubes to try in my 835 – shooting 3.5", 2.25 oz, Hevi #7's. Currently shooting a TruGlo bone collector .670 and am getting 260-270 in the 10" circle at 40 yards. Definitely will kill a turkey, but want to try a few more chokes to see what happens. Have seen some nice patterns with Indian Creeks and Stardots. Any specific recommendations you guys have for this particular gun/load combo.

bbcoach

I shoot the .670 Pure Gold and get 300 plus with a polished barrel.  Some other good ones are Stardot, SSX and Indian Creek.  LOVE those 7's.

mightyjoeyoung

I average 330 with 7s in my 835 with the tg bonecollector smackdown.670 and got a highest of 355.  I deep cleaned, polished and then deep cleaned the bbl. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Rufus

I use a Carlson's choke with Winchester Long Beard 3 inch #6 in my 835.  Groups great on paper, but have not shot at a turkey with it yet.  But I did drop a coyote with it last year at 50 yards.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Rufus on March 14, 2018, 09:39:07 AM
I use a Carlson's choke with Winchester Long Beard 3 inch #6 in my 835.  Groups great on paper, but have not shot at a turkey with it yet.  But I did drop a coyote with it last year at 50 yards.

Not what the op asked at all, but cool on the yote.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tha bugman

Tru Glo SSX with the exact load you are describing was a killer in one of my Mossy's

trkehunr93

I got great patterns with that load and my stardot.  Jelly head threw a good pattern also with that load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossyoak79

kdsberman

Several good options, but with my 835 and that same exact load my gun is liking the Truglo SSX.  Last year, with less than ideal conditions I got 324 in the 10 @40yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCDieselDawg

With that gun and shell.  Stardot, Pure Gold, SSX.

mikejd

Pure Gold 670. All day long. Beats them all. Star dot included.