OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: apex?  (Read 6664 times)

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
apex?
« on: March 08, 2018, 07:30:27 PM »
i have just read that someone posted of hot loads that busted a barrel and some the that did not have enough powder to push the load through the barrel, i have some that i have not shot yet and kind of scared to try them now. any input would be helpful from someone that has shot some of these.

Online WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Re: apex?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
I’d turn around and sell what you got on here for 2 times the money...Seems like the OG way!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline buzzardroost

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 08:34:54 PM »
If they are 20 gauge, I’ll take them off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »
i just got a recall notice from Apex for those shells, only three days before my season starts, glad i have not shot them and that i have some Fed,s 7,s left

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 01:08:20 AM »
i just got a recall notice from Apex for those shells, only three days before my season starts, glad i have not shot them and that i have some Fed,s 7,s left

How are they implementing the recall?   I seem to remember someone on here stating they (Apex) didn't seem to notate any date of manufacture or lot numbers on their boxes. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 02:48:00 AM »
I’ve seen so far about 3 maybe 4 posts of busted barrels on FB. Bubba

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 08:11:16 AM »
Yes no lot numbers, they said any GT shot purchased between I think July 17 until January 18

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 04:53:09 PM »
Makes me question whether or not I would take a chance and buy this ammo.....

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 10:51:03 PM »
i would say no! i have asked for a full refund!

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 08:08:33 PM »
I saw a post today and it was snatched down just as fast as it went up.

Offline Sand Man

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 09:29:10 AM »
I wouldn't shoot them after everything I've seen.  Their loads scream of no quality control.  They know they've made mistakes while loading and want to blame it on bad powder.  I can assure you if Hogdon or Alliance had a bad run of power we would have heard about it.  I just hope someone hunting doesn't get killed if they squeeze one off and the wad doesn't exit then quickly try a follow up show.  It won't be pretty.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »
I wouldn't shoot them after everything I've seen.  Their loads scream of no quality control.  They know they've made mistakes while loading and want to blame it on bad powder.  I can assure you if Hogdon or Alliance had a bad run of power we would have heard about it.  I just hope someone hunting doesn't get killed if they squeeze one off and the wad doesn't exit then quickly try a follow up show.  It won't be pretty.
Me neither! Gonna stay away!

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 03:07:29 PM »
Bought a box of Apex #9. First shot patterned like a dream. Second shot didn’t fire. Shot went about 10 feet and dropped and I had shot all in my action and barrel. Sent them a photo and a message on social media, they responded within 10 minutes and sent me new ammo. I sent them back my box that I had the issue with. I’m sitting on about 20 rounds of apex. #9 and blends. Not decided if I’ll use. I will be patterning this weekend weather permitting. I look to follow up on the earlier issue.
don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »
I had the same situation last month with 2 boxes of the Apex 20 gauge 1 5/8 oz #9 TSS loads that I purchased last summer.  I contacted Apex and the sent me a Fed Ex pick up label and I sent those shells back to them.  They said it was a component problem from last years loadings.   The sent me 2 new boxes within a week and they pattern beautifully.  Great customer service!

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »
Same deal here! Haven’t shot new ones, mine were purchased towards the end of last summer.  (Before a price change) I agree. Hopefully they cycle well in my gun
don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story