Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Ready to roll!!!

Started by Big Jeremy, March 07, 2018, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

It's like the old adage, "a watched pot never boils"!!! Seems like the season ain't ever gonna get here! I was able to go out and try some different chokes yesterday out of my new turkey gun. I already had a pattern that I was content with, but had purchased a couple of different chokes over the winter months, and finally got around to trying them yesterday. (Posted in the Remington 12 ga. pattern pics board.)

I really like what I have with the Sumtoy .660 and Hevi-Shot Magblends out of my 23" barreled 870 Super Mag. Thankfully POA/POI was the same as the factory full turkey choke that was in it. The Jellyhead I tried threw center pattern about 3" low, and 2" right. The Sumtoy will be staying screwed in!

dublelung

Dangit man that's gonna do the trick. Nice even pattern, just need a willing longbeard!

nickhrp

I got to pattern my little girls new mossy going to try it with factory full and got a Carlson extended turkey choke .575 just in case was wanting to try the hevi blends till i seen the price so going to try double xx and xr hopefully find a good combo
God Bless the Outdoors

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny