turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Brand new 835 with factory choke shooting LB #6’s

Started by Razorback22, March 04, 2018, 08:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback22

I just recently purchased a new 835 Ulti Mag with the Marble sights....here are my 20, 30 and 40 yard patterns with factory choke and 3 and a half inch Longbeard #6's. Gun shoots a tad bit high....anyone ever adjusted sights in new 835?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightyjoeyoung

Looks like it's shooting poa.  Unless you were holding on the bottom of the target, your pattern should hit right on top of the front sight, which it looks to be doing if you're holding dead center.  You WANT whats called a "six o'clock sight picture" with open sights.  You dont want to cover your target...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Razorback22

Aiming at bottom of neck....

Razorback22

Maybe it's not as bad as I think. Still seems a touch high

tha bugman

Aint nothing but death coming out of that gun!  To answer your question I have never had much luck adjusting the stock sights that come with the gun.  Looking at your targets I would say you are good to go at all ranges!

kdsberman

That's a dead turkey right there. Good work.  I've never shot the LBs but everything I see they make some darn nice patterns.

Gentry

Mossbergs like to shoot high but ours is not bad. Roll with it!

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Gentry on March 08, 2018, 08:26:57 PM
Mossbergs like to shoot high but ours is not bad. Roll with it!

Mossbergs are not prone to shooting high.  I've owned 7, worked on a dozen and sold a couple hundred and have never seen but a couple shoot high.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Bobby5

I just bought a 835 with the marble sights too. it should come with a shim to shim up the front sight. Thats what i did mine was shooting way high too but it shoots better with that shim.

southpaw

Mine was shooting high. I tried shimming the front sight up. Got me closer but I was still hitting ~8" high. I bought some williams sights and that fixed the problem.

Bobby5

Yeah I shimmed mine up too and it hits the head if I aim where the feathers meet the head on a target I have new Williams sights but the bullseye sights are pretty cool.