turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEF Single Fixed Full

Started by Ozark, April 03, 2019, 08:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark

My fist shotgun, led to the demise of many a varmint in my youth.  I took it turkey hunting as a teenager, but never killed a turkey with it. 
12 ga Rem Premiere Handicap trap load. 1 1/8 oz 7.5s at 1235 fps.
30yards 110 in the 10 at point of aim.
Ozark

1iagobblergetter

Nice...That was also my first shotgun handed down from my now deceased father...I would like to have mine reblued...

Ozark

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 03, 2019, 11:16:53 PM
Nice...That was also my first shotgun handed down from my now deceased father...I would like to have mine reblued...
It's great to own a gun with some history.

nyhunter

I would love one of these in 20 or 12. 

edward.penny

I have one in 20ga that I sent to Sumtoy. It's a great turkey gun now.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Living Water

I shoot TSS 9's out of mine and it's nasty  :OGturkeyhead:
"You have to pay for every bird you kill and the coin you use to pay for them is time." Tom Kelly

surehuntsalot

been looking for a 20 ga for awhile
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lmbunch69

What about a fixed modified. Grandpa gave me one last year and would like to take a bird with it. Any ideas on loads?

1iagobblergetter

I would toy around with some lead loads. I picked up 2 20g. NEF NWTF's. One is Greenleaf full choke and the other is Bottomland Modified barrel. I'm leery shooting a anything other than lead out of them. I might try some Winchester Longbeard#6.
I get the most satisfaction calling them in close anyway and most of the time I shoot at 20yds or less.

Bigfootwolff

Great pattern for 20 yards with a conventional choke set up.  How is the recoil with those loads?

owlhoot

Well that should work.
That said there is a lot of other lead loads out there to try. You could try some with a bit more than 1 1/8 ounce in them. Old duck and pheasant loads ,  2 3/4" mags with 1 1/4 to 1 5/8 oz. 6 shot .

backforty

This is my NWTF model. I had it threaded to take Remington chokes. Kicks like a mule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Print by Madison, on Flickr