OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835, Star Dot, Hevi Shot Mag Blends-proof of this combo

Started by Mike Honcho, April 18, 2011, 12:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

Called in this nice eastern last Thursday afternoon to 39 yards.  I just set up my 835 (polished barrel, added a Star Dot choke) this season after joining the forum and learning a lot more about turkey guns/ammo  than I knew before.
Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge and experience! He was 11" beard, 1 1/8 and 1 spurs, only 18 lbs though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hognutz

Congrats on the turkey and your newfound set up. He looks like a dandy..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Congats to you.  Hang on to that Star Dot.  Nothing will beat it from what I have seen. 

goblr77

Congrats Honcho! That combo you're shooting is bad stuff.

BowBendr

I shoot an 835 with the StarDot as well, but haven't tried the mag blends.
What kinda' numbers are you getting from it ?

K-ZONE

bbcoach

Congrats Mike!!!!  Beautiful Bird!!!!

From one 835 shooter to another, I suggest you give the 7's a try through that 835 and Stardot.  I think you will be PLEASANTLY surprised.

beagler

Never Misses

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

cannonball

Mike Honcho

I hate to admit but I haven't had time to pattern the 835 with the Star dot and the Mag Blends.   It's been rainy here and I just got the choke in my hands right ahead of my first hunt...I patterned the gun with a couple of other chokes and it shot to poi at 30 and 40 but not very good numbers ..one choke was factory  Ulti Full Mossberg and the other was an Undertaker High Density shot model,  so I had to trust the load and the Star Dot and go hunting.
I will do some 10" patterns with the Star Dot and  3 1/2 "Mag Blends and report findings when the weather clears up.  I would like to try with some Nitro #7's in the future too.