OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What kind of tools and bits  (Read 1194 times)

Offline cjordan

What kind of tools and bits
« on: February 26, 2018, 04:19:49 PM »
This question has probably been asked a few times so I'm sorry if it's a repost. I have a trough call, along with several scratch boxes, but I would like to try to build my own. Bout like most folks I would like the pleasure and joy of calling a bird in with a call that I've made.
I have a very few wood working tools "skill saw, table saw, drill press, palm sander, drills" I wouldn't mind having a router if that's what I needed to make this process run smoother and more precise. I plan on building a few for family and friends, if I can get them to sound right.

It seems that these would be the two easiest calls to make with the minimum amount of tools. From what I've been looking at on the net, it seems like I would need a mortising bit for either a router or drill press on the scratch boxes, and possibly also the trough call.

With out giving up any trade secrets could y'all point me in the right direction as to what tools I would need to build these calls. Once I build the trough call I can figure the strikers out later on, beings that I don't want to invest in a lathe at the moment.

I appreciate any and all advice