turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

which scratch box

Started by fordhunt, February 26, 2018, 11:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Another one worth trying is L&L,  Greg makes a double sided cedar that runs awesome. that one and a SS have been my best producers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

beardhunter87

Jeff White. Got 3 from him and he checkers them as a bonus. Got to try him he's FAST too!

fordhunt

Quote from: chuckward on March 01, 2018, 12:53:39 PM
Don't believe so. Just go to his website and get his contact info.
.ok thanks Chuck

Marc

I really just got introduced to scratch boxes, and have a couple from Lonnie Gilbert, and one from SS...  I have a preference for the Lonnie Gilbert calls, although I have nothing negative to say about SS either... 

Scratch boxes have become my favorite toy to play with in the woods...  Box calls are a bit louder, but I can get some volume on the scratchers as well.  I do feel you can put a bit more "emotion" into a scratcher...  And the low end clucks, chirps, and purring is great on those scratchers...  Great for that quiet tree yelp as well.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

fordhunt

Well I really want to thank you all for the info .. I called Scott Basehore and he is a top shelf guy , I went with the butternut call sounds awesome ,so if you are reading this and in the market for a great scratcher he is great guy ,give scott a call God Bless ..

jed clampett

Great choice Scott's scratchers are the only ones I use no w!!!!

ajagkrieg

I have two SS and one from Tim Bullock.  Love them all, the Bullock is bigger and all sound great.

hunter22

I probably have 50 scratch boxes. Some of my favorites are Basehore, Joe Sherrod, Mike Lapp, Tim Bullock, SS.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: fordhunt on March 07, 2018, 10:37:37 AM
Well I really want to thank you all for the info .. I called Scott Basehore and he is a top shelf guy , I went with the butternut call sounds awesome ,so if you are reading this and in the market for a great scratcher he is great guy ,give scott a call God Bless ..
I think I have at least another 2 years before my # comes up on his list...

fordhunt

Quote from: hunter22 on March 07, 2018, 06:47:32 PM
I probably have 50 scratch boxes. Some of my favorites are Basehore, Joe Sherrod, Mike Lapp, Tim Bullock, SS.
I see you sale a lot of calls you have any basehore calls you would part with?

The Cohutta Strutter

fordhunt, our very own Kentuckyheadhunter makes a XL version of the Chattahoohee Chatterbox. Bigger than his normal sized scratchboxes and it has the volume to boot. It will rival a box call in volume with excited cutting and yelping. Does the soft calling as well. I have calls from most of the callmakers mention here including 2 from Scott. This will be my first year hunting the XL and I'm looking foward to it. Just thought I'd throw that out there for future reference.
Anybody seen America lately?

sixbird

I have a ton of scratchers...Along with the ones mentioned, Ernie Fetters (shade mountain calls) are excellent. Rick Ferlitta (Cypress Creek calls) makes some of the nicest ones there are. Lee Bowles is hard to beat and Mike Lapp is a master. Eric Rice would be worth a look also.

sixbird

Quote from: The Cohutta Strutter on March 12, 2018, 12:32:05 PM
fordhunt, our very own Kentuckyheadhunter makes a XL version of the Chattahoohee Chatterbox. Bigger than his normal sized scratchboxes and it has the volume to boot. It will rival a box call in volume with excited cutting and yelping. Does the soft calling as well. I have calls from most of the callmakers mention here including 2 from Scott. This will be my first year hunting the XL and I'm looking foward to it. Just thought I'd throw that out there for future reference.

Chattahoochee Chatterbox IS a nice little call, and yes, plenty of volume if you want it and quiet if you don't. That'd be a good one to have and let's be honest, who wouldn't want a call with a name like that!
Allen is a nice fella' also...

merriamsman

I just got one from Allen - it's one of his regular scratchboxes - not a witches fiddle or chatterbox. I'm not sure what he calls it, but it's a great call that will be in my vest this season.

NCSWAMPFOX

Don't forget Russell Beard and Bill Henkel