turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winn LB #4 patterns

Started by Kylongspur88, February 25, 2018, 06:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

The gun is an 870 sm with a 28 inch pipe and Remington super full choke in .665 shooting 3.5 Winn long beards with 2 ounces of shot. Shots were at 20 30 and 40 yards laser ranged. Was shooting off hand and pulled the 30 yard shot but considering the chilly temps and wind today I'm happy with these for #4s. When it warms up I'll give my gun a good scrubbing and shoot from a bench and see what they'll do.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SwampMoss

I'd say that's stout for #4s! Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buford

If I got those numbers with number 4 lead shot at forty yards, I'd never hunt wth 5 or 6 shot again!!!  I don't think I've seen a better number 4 pattern.      Buford

batsonbe

Ought to do the trick. Love lead #4s

Swampchickin234

Salty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brwndg

That is a great pattern especially w #4s. Have you tried 5s or 6s?
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Kylongspur88

Quote from: Brwndg on February 26, 2018, 04:42:02 PM
That is a great pattern especially w #4s. Have you tried 5s or 6s?

Not in the long beards. My main shell in that gun/set up is a 3.5 hevi #6 which will do an even 180-200 in that gun all day. That said the Winn high velocities in #4 always shot well in that gun and I used them as my backup and thick stuff round. But if the LB lead #4's will do 145 on a crappy day I really want to see what 5's might do. I've always liked the idea of 5's being a happy medium between pattern density and shot size.