OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Weight difference in Bps years of manufacture?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Weight difference in Bps years of manufacture?
« on: February 24, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
Stopped in my local gun shop yesterday and they had a used bps 10 on the rack with a 24" barrel. It was a stalker with synthetic stocks, not sure of the year made, and it felt dang near a pound lighter than my 1991 hunter bps 10 with synthetic stocks and 26" barrel. Could 2" of barrel make that much of a difference? Maybe it was the balance that made it feel lighter? Mine always felt a little too muzzle heavy. I know there is a difference between pre and post 98 guns, but I thought that was mostly because  of the 3.5 12 gauge guns on 10 gauge frames. Anyone know for sure? I tried a post 98 stock (boyds thumbhole, for 10 gauge) on mine before and it wouldn't fit, as it had the same mounting surface as a 12 gauge, my 10 has a flat plate with a locating pin instead of a recess for the round lug on the stock mounting surface. Any info if they changed stuff on the 10 gauge throughout it's production?