OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tk2000

Started by g8rvet, February 22, 2018, 01:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Just wanted to add to the many others with a successful load I found for my ML.  80gr ffg, one over powder wool wad prelubed, knight and Hale 3.5 inch shotcup (BPI pre slit is who they get them from), poured the #5 hevi from a cut shell (old Remington's I had laying around) 1.5 ounce with buffer, topped off rest of shot cup with #5 copper plated lead and topped with a foam over shot card.

This was shot at 30 yards.  The vast majority of mine are at this range so that is where I shot.  Will not shoot much beyond that.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

I found the #5 Remington Hevi at a local hardware last year, so cheap it was a savings for the Hevi alone.  Bought 2 boxes, so I am set for a while. If I ever shoot more than that, I may try the #7 Tungsten (15gm/cc) from BPI in a similar load. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Nice pattern!! Curious what the reason for an over powder wool prelubed wad is when your using a shot cup??? I've only ever used 100gr. -777- T/C shot cup- 2oz.  of Knight #6 shot and over shot card. Gun is a T/C Encore...I have some #6 HTL and Tss,but don't have any loads figured out. I might just replace the Knight shot with HTL and see what it does...

joey46

I had hoped to play with a few more loadings for my TK but haven't as yet. I think what we're seeing is that it is hard to throw a bad pattern with the TK as long as the shots are kept at reasonable ranges. That jug choke seems very forgiving. I have been patterning modern loads at 30 yards also. IMO a tight pattern at 30 works well at 40.  Good enough is good enough.

g8rvet

I used the wad over powder by mistake once and it seemed like the pattern was better.  So I played around with it and it may just be my gun but I think it gives a better seal.  May be more about the extra cushion.   Don't know why but after playing with it I am just gonna roll with it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk