OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Spur Collector Announcements  (Read 3803 times)

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Spur Collector Announcements
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:48 AM »
Decided it was best to make one post to do any announcements that need to be made.  Will asked Shannon to add it to the stickies. 
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Spur Collector Announcements
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »
  • Plan to start the 2018 Spur Collector Turkey Tuesday Thread next Tuesday.  I thought it was a fun way to build excitement for the season.  I will probably post pictures many have already seen but still fun. 
  • So far we have added one new member - kwild835.   We have another spot open and I have contacted a couple to gauge interest.
  • I will be starting a roll call thread here soon.  Old Gobbler added a rule that each member has to register themself and after speaking with Shannon about what it meant he said everyone just needs to check into a roll call.  I will send pms to let everyone know it is up and remind why it is important to check in.

Thanks!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
Don the roll call thread will be posted by Shannon or on our page?
Welcome to kwild835.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:21:54 AM »
Don the roll call thread will be posted by Shannon or on our page?
Welcome to kwild835.

To my understanding it can be done on our page.  I will get one posted and then send it to Shannon to make sure it fits the rule.  Good question!

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »
Filled the last spot. Getting close for some of us and do not want to have to worry about it closer. Please welcome Terry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 08:43:35 PM »
Welcome Terry

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 09:13:12 PM »
Welcome to the new guys! This is a good active bunch and we do kill the odd bird or two.

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 09:39:21 PM »
Welcome guys!

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 07:01:37 PM »
Welcome to the new guys. Last year was my first year and had a great time. I’m looking forward to this spring.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »
  • Have sent out the PMs for roll call to those that have not yet posted.  Not a huge hurry.
  • Will check with Old Gobbler once everyone is checked in to make sure it meets the requirements.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »
I believe we currently have 5 team members hunting and another starting going on a trip Sunday.  Good luck to all those hunting, but be safe! 

We should have a few other seasons coming in before long!

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 11:18:05 AM »
Patiently waiting here in VA, 3 weeks out.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 09:22:43 AM »
Started a thread for the birds that our team members have killed or been involved with the kill this year.  Started the thread late last year and it seemed like a hit.  I went ahead and got it up to date, but ask that members post their bird with the number when you can.  Our team was responsible for 25 birds last year.  I bet we beat that this year.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 02:34:11 PM »
Been a great year for the team! Luckily us Southern guys started strong and then we had some great birds for those who season comes in more middle of the spring. We are about to have our clean up guys get started on Tuesday and I think we will see some heavyweights fall! Keep up the good work guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk