OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: kansas archery  (Read 3574 times)

Offline backforty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
kansas archery
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »
anybody from the team hunting Kansas archery season this year?
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Re: kansas archery
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:16:34 PM »
I've never gotten to hunt Kansas. I take it you are?  What's your setup for turkey bow hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ILHUNTER

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 11:37:04 AM »
Never hunted there, but hope to get over next year to add a Rio to my list.  Where abouts you hunt in Kansas

Offline backforty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 09:32:21 PM »
I've never gotten to hunt Kansas. I take it you are?  What's your setup for turkey bow hunting?

This is my first year trying it. Gonna use my longbow and take my crossbow as a backup in case I get frustrated with the longbow and wrap it around a tree

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »

This is my first year trying it. Gonna use my longbow and take my crossbow as a backup in case I get frustrated with the longbow and wrap it around a tree
I hunted with a Martin hunter recurve for many years for deer when I was young. I was into Tom Brown survival and stalking etc. I loved hunting with just a simple bow. I hope you don't need the crossbow and can achieve your goal.

Do you use a blind?  I'd assume with the long bow you need it more so than the Xbow.  I was able to get a gobbler with the xbow 2 years ago which was pretty cool and a hilarious story.

Offline backforty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 10:24:19 PM »
gonna go without the blind and hope my decoy distracts them enough to get to full draw. I just feel that using a blind takes a lot of the challenge out of using a bow.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 06:47:09 PM »
gonna go without the blind and hope my decoy distracts them enough to get to full draw. I just feel that using a blind takes a lot of the challenge out of using a bow.

well that's sure to get your heart pumping.  I personally never sat in a ground blind, seems like it would dull the moment and take away from the feeling of being part of nature.  That being said, I really can't say because I've never done it.  Good luck, if you get one when you get one with the long bow and now blind that will be one to remember.