OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Who's hunting where this season ?  (Read 3014 times)

Offline TURKEYWHACKER

• The Boss Gobbler
Who's hunting where this season ?
« on: February 19, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
After taking my 13 year old granddaughter out for youth weekend, I will be hitting several central Florida WMA's looking for my Osceola's. Thats me and Blackmagic a few openers ago.  :fud:

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Re: Who's hunting where this season ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:23:44 PM »
Ill be doing my usual haunts especially on the opener. Trying to acquire permission to hunt a piece of land thats got 75 acres and the owner has said theres some turks on it. His SIL wants to start deer hunting and the inlaws want me to show him the ropes and the safety part of hunting I think its a good swap. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline Hayudog

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 01:11:23 AM »
I'll start in California again. Then back to Florida with Rut.  Stop in Iowa on the way back to the new home state of Idaho. That's the plan.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
I am fortunate that I have lived in the same place since 91 and my landlords kids say I am family now and they let me hunt everything on their land here in NY

The only thing they will not allow me to hunt is deer during archery season and I can understand that, none of them bow hunt and it would be like me shooting their deer out from under them in their eyes and they are the ones paying the taxes, not me. I try to throw them some money for clover or whatever they choose to plant that year, I feel it is the sportsman thing to do.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:49:49 PM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
I got drawn for a hunt on one of my favorite FLA WMA's. I hope to get at least one bird on that hunt. After that, I'll be hunting at my lease in SC. I might be going to Georgia, and possibly Kansas, but those hunts aren't set in stone, yet.
Later in the FLA season, I'll be hosting Hayudog on a good Osceola hunt he got drawn for. With any luck, between the two of us, we'll kill some for the team.  :fud: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

Offline Thebody

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
Ill be doing my usual haunts especially on the opener. Trying to acquire permission to hunt a piece of land thats got 75 acres and the owner has said theres some turks on it. His SIL wants to start deer hunting and the inlaws want me to show him the ropes and the safety part of hunting I think its a good swap. :firefighter:
Hitting GA in March and Maryland for April.  I may squeeze in NY for May.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

Offline suburbhunter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »
Kentucky and Maryland for me  :z-guntootsmiley: