OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Member Input Guys  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Member Input Guys
« on: February 18, 2018, 08:38:19 PM »
We are always looking to improve the function on the site , best way to do this is to listen to the turkey hunters and figure out what would be a good improvement

12,000 minds are better than 1

You got any comments or suggestions,  post them up here , or pm me if you like

Before anyone brings up the photohosting issue
...phobucket is long gone
...please use ......tinypic.com , tapatalk or others ... free alternatives

If I'm forced to increase the og hosting of photos , I will have to free upore memory and that means deleting old hosted images .....so use tinypic.com or others ...thanks

Thanks --Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Gobspur

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Member Input Guys
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »
I'm a frequent on a western hunting forum too...rokslide.com  One thing I like is that you can hover your mouse over the thread title, and it will preview the first couple sentences of the thread.  Let's me see if I'm more interested in reading the whole thing before I click on it.  Just a little feature I like, but not sure what's involved with making it doable.  Just thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks Shannon!

Online Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 09:42:40 PM »
What gobspur said.  If it's doable it's a nice feature.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 11:26:36 PM »
Tapatalk boys.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline KYHeadhunter02

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »
I like the idea of a detailed/organized sound file section. Like a library type deal.  I think it would be helpful to have sub-categories Box Calls, Push Pins, and Pot calls ect... Then organize them by call maker.  I realize theres tons of makers so only list call makers that people upload files of.

Or organize them by call type then-short box, Iong box, glass, slate ect.I would be will to start uploading more files of calls that I have.

Just a thought

I love the site, you got a good thing going Shannon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 12:12:30 PM »
Shannon I'd like to see a classified section specifically for new call makers. Often times new makers ads get trumped by big name deals in the regular section. When I start selling calls I'd love to have a specific section for new makers to post some deals to get my name out. I'm betting others would too. Also a specific section for new makers would have viewers looking specifically for something new and they wouldn't get distracted by another ad. I think it could help alot. Thanks for taking input.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
When I joined last night I got a message saying that the sites security ticket is no good and it is still showing that way. I almost did not join because of that and I am sure others have not because of that. Here is what I am getting. http://prntscr.com/ih0dfn Nice site by the way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »
When I joined last night I got a message saying that the sites security ticket is no good and it is still showing that way. I almost did not join because of that and I am sure others have not because of that. Here is what I am getting. http://prntscr.com/ih0dfn Nice site by the way.
Usually things like that are ads or a site conflicts with a firewall on your device. I use tapatalk 99% of the time but have used the site a time or two and I've never had a security message. I'm not gonna click your link since I don't know it's origin. Could you screen shot then post a picture?

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »
Usually things like that are ads or a site conflicts with a firewall on your device. I use tapatalk 99% of the time but have used the site a time or two and I've never had a security message. I'm not gonna click your link since I don't know it's origin. Could you screen shot then post a picture?

Sure no problem, sorry for lousy crop, I have one arm in sling as I had rotator cuff surgery on the 28th.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 03:14:18 PM »

Sure no problem, sorry for lousy crop, I have one arm in sling as I had rotator cuff surgery on the 28th.
Yup it's a browser thing. Some part of the forum doesn't meet the level of security that Firefox likes. This doesn't mean it isn't secure, just that it doesn't meet a certain standard within Firefox. I've been on this forum a few years now with no issues.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »

Yup it's a browser thing. Some part of the forum doesn't meet the level of security that Firefox likes. This doesn't mean it isn't secure, just that it doesn't meet a certain standard within Firefox. I've been on this forum a few years now with no issues.

Okay, thanks for looking into it anyway. Nice to meet you.

John Koenig:

Offline perrytrails

• Longbeard
Member Input Guys
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
How about a separate section in the classified ads for…

ISO or WTB or WTT posts? Seems these are constantly bumped ttt.

Maybe a WTB/WTT section. That way it would be separate from the for sale items.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:20:11 PM by perrytrails »

Offline southern_leo

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 12:12:26 AM »
How about a separate section in the classified ads for…

ISO or WTB or WTT posts? Seems these are constantly bumped ttt.

Maybe a WTB/WTT section. That way it would be separate from the for sale items.
X2