Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you use to carry your pots and strikers?

Started by Daveb, February 18, 2018, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveb

Just wondering for those of you who don't use a vest, what do you use to carry strikers and call pots?

Bowguy

Why does it matter vest wise? Are you referring to a fanny pack, pants pocket? I'm not for sure your question. I carry pots in coozies. Strikers in a bag. They are actually thrown in my vest but I'm not sure why it matters cause I'd do the same anywhere. You don't want wet grass, dew drops, rain drops, greasy/muddy vegetation , etc contaminating anything

outdoors

IVE Been USING A FANNY PACK THESE PAST FEW YEARS WORKED REALLY GOOD FOR ME
I JUST BOUGHT A Sitka Gear Hunting Sling Choke Pack , GOING TOO PACK THIS UP AND TRY
IT OUT THIS SEASON .......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Daveb

Quote from: Bowguy on February 18, 2018, 09:03:30 PM
Why does it matter vest wise? Are you referring to a fanny pack, pants pocket? I'm not for sure your question. I carry pots in coozies. Strikers in a bag. They are actually thrown in my vest but I'm not sure why it matters cause I'd do the same anywhere. You don't want wet grass, dew drops, rain drops, greasy/muddy vegetation , etc contaminating anything

I guess I am just assuming a vest has pockets, lots of em. I will be throwing my stuff in a backpack and didnt want them to be loose. Coozie is a good idea for the pot. Maybe I will just put it all in a pullout pouch.

Thanks

MK M GOBL

I have a Badlands Hip Pack for my turkey calls and necessities, the shoulder strap is awesome never riding down on you and slips off real easy. I carry 1 slate and 1 glass pot call.

MK M GOBL

Daveb

Quote from: outdoors on February 18, 2018, 09:10:22 PM
IVE Been USING A FANNY PACK THESE PAST FEW YEARS WORKED REALLY GOOD FOR ME
I JUST BOUGHT A Sitka Gear Hunting Sling Choke Pack , GOING TOO PACK THIS UP AND TRY
IT OUT THIS SEASON .......

Thanks Outdoors. Do you just leave the strikers loose or do you wrap them in a pouch or something? My Pots came with a pouch but I like the coozie idea

outdoors

I HAVE A POUCH THAT ROLLS UP AND I CARRY ABOUT SIX DIFFERENT STRIKERS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Double B

Glenda Green makes a nice leather pot call pouch and a waterproof camo striker rollup. Good stuff.   :icon_thumright:
Followed by buzzards

Daveb

Thank you guys for your comments. I just heard of Glenda Green, gotta check out her stuff.

TKE921

I use a badlands super day pack and my calls go in the side pockets...when I am running heavy.  When I am running light I have an old Mossy Oak leafy suit with a big Kangaroo pocket in front and one call will go in there.  I have an old Walmart special zip up call pouch with 3 striker slots I like to use.  On heavy days my second call will go in a holder I made from a hand towel.  I watched a video on youtube.  Instead of zip ties I used some waxed thread from my leather stitch kit.

Daveb

Quote from: Double B on February 18, 2018, 09:28:04 PM
Glenda Green makes a nice leather pot call pouch and a waterproof camo striker rollup. Good stuff.   :icon_thumright:

Got one of her Striker Rollups ordered. Perfect idea! Looks like great quality too.

Thanks for the tip

owego

Sir-diealot

I have a backpack that holds all my stuff pretty well. It has numerous loops meant for putting shot shells in but they also work great for holding all my strikers.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Man, those calls take me back. Been a long tim since I saw one of those mad multi surface pots. I like it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on February 21, 2018, 08:23:54 PM
Man, those calls take me back. Been a long tim since I saw one of those mad multi surface pots. I like it.
Well because of my car accident I had in Nov. 2001 I was unable to hunt between 2002 and 2015 so those calls are still in mint condition. I wish I knew what happened to my corn cob strikers, I really loved the way they sounded more than any I have had since. I probably loaned them out and forgot who to. I was on a series of medication that made me a zombie for many years to control my pain, finally have a good combination that works well for me though I don't take the one if I am going to drive or handle a firearm.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."