North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Here's the offer

Started by FullChoke, February 18, 2018, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Roaring 20s Team Mates,

As you have read, my last two topics on here focused to a certain degree on kids that you are teaching how to turkey hunt and how they are equipped to carry their birds out of the woods. There was a reason for this. I want to offer something to your young hunters that they can use for the rest of their hunting lives. A hand woven turkey tote.

It is made from 550 paracord in International Orange color for safety reasons. It features a wide hand and shoulder strap woven using a Cobra weave and a pair of sliding deer antler stops on the cord ends to grip the gobblers legs. The functional length of the tote can be shortened some by tying a slip knot in each cord to limit the length of it that runs through the antler stop. As your youngsters get older, the tote can be lengthened to make it more comfortably fit the hunter.

I want to initially limit this offer to the 2018 Roaring 20s team members. I also ask that you consider whether your student has really gotten the fever and that you can envision them carrying the torch of turkey hunting for years on their own and eventually teaching their own kid/grandkids.

I have 5 Totes already made up and ready to go. Due to the use of different materials, they may look slightly different than the photo. I am offering them free of charge, I just ask that you kick in a few dollars to cover postage costs.

Please consider this to be my humble attempt to pay-it-forward for the guidance that I received when I was my grandfather's student of woodsmanship and hunting ethics.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

mightyjoeyoung

That's.awesome Norman!!!  I'm actually tying to get back into contact with Tina,  the president of the Hunt of a Lifetime Foundation to see if she might have a kid or two that wants to go turkey hunting this spring as their wish.  She lives about 2 minutes from my new home.  Unfortunately, most kids want to shoot a big whitetail or elk or something like that, but I try every year to put it out there and keep myself available for when someone might want to go.  Great gesture! :icon_thumright:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

FullChoke

If you have a good candidate under wing, PM me and we will work out getting one of these to you.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cramerhunts

Very awesome of you Norman! My daughter is an absolute turkey nut but in all honesty I don't see her using a tote, she seems to have her dear old dad haul her birds out of the woods.  :icon_thumright: If I thought she'd use it I would gladly put my hand up for one but I know there is people out there that would get great use out of this.

FullChoke

3seasons

That's awesome and very generous of you.

FullChoke

Any other R20ers who have a protege who would find this tote a useful addition to their hunting vests?

3bailey3

hey Norman i think i am your protégé! nice offer for the kids!