OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: North Florida  (Read 14641 times)

Offline Seminoleturkey

Re: North Florida
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
The gobblers were on fire yesterday from first light until 8:30 and today herd the first one at 8:40 and killed one at 9:47 .

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2018, 09:49:06 PM »
Nice job.  I hunted elsewhere and did not hear a peep. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2018, 03:44:31 PM »
I called in one for nephew on youth hunt weekend and killed his first, Took my step son this weekend and called in his first longbeard. Wasn't much gobbling form either of these on that lease. Did get my stepsons gobbler beating up decoy and his kill on video from phone.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2018, 01:20:35 AM »
I was blown away with how infatuated with my DSD jake this hen became .she did not leave him for over 2hours and kept plopping down in the breeding position.we had three different birds coming in gobbling from different direction when I killed the one I did .30 second after shooting my bird we had a gang mountain bike riders come flying by .gotta love public land .

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
I occasionally am one of those mountain bikers but wasn't me this time. Have you ran into the rainbow warriors yet out in forest yet? They have been camped out on the bike trail. you might smell them before seeing them!

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »
Lol I have not ran into any rainbow warriors yet ,thank god .but the extra entertainment that you get on public land sure can make hunts more memorable.
I occasionally am one of those mountain bikers but wasn't me this time. Have you ran into the rainbow warriors yet out in forest yet? They have been camped out on the bike trail. you might smell them before seeing them!

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »
Fifth time out finally heard birds on a central FL WMA this past weekend, only saw two hens running the fence lines.

Nothiing heard this morning in south FL and had a hen 50-yds from the truck when I returned, go figure and no time to see if a Tom was close by..

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »
Fifth time out finally heard birds on a central FL WMA this past weekend, only saw two hens running the fence lines.

Nothiing heard this morning in south FL and had a hen 50-yds from the truck when I returned, go figure and no time to see if a Tom was close by..

Was quiet where i was this morning also, as crisp and cool as it was i figured i would hear something. May be no birds there

I did drive past a road and saw a guy that looked to be stalking one or maybe had one coming in. I backed up to try and figure out what i had seen then had to pull back by only to realize there was a big mudhole in the road. Had to back by him again... bet he wasn't happy but like semniole said..thats public land hunting lol I hope i dint mess him up to bad

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2018, 07:14:28 AM »
I haven’t seen any truck out this morning.should be a good morning to hear some

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2018, 08:33:38 PM »
I haven’t herd anything this week .hopfully that changes in the morning

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2018, 08:38:00 PM »
I did not hear a peep and did not see many tracks today.  One jake, and just a few hen tracks.  Probably heard one meet his maker across the creek, but I was there 3 days ago and did not hear anything.  Did get access and a key to a new piece of property today. Excited to see if it holds birds like the pieces it joins up to. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2018, 10:42:08 AM »
Good luck brother.i have not heard anything where I have been hunting.lots of people and no turkeys.think I will go chase some redfish tomorrow
I did not hear a peep and did not see many tracks today.  One jake, and just a few hen tracks.  Probably heard one meet his maker across the creek, but I was there 3 days ago and did not hear anything.  Did get access and a key to a new piece of property today. Excited to see if it holds birds like the pieces it joins up to.

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2018, 11:15:11 AM »
 I haven't hunted much, I raced last weekend and ending up getting sick after. I did finally go Thursday and Friday and have been hearing a few but cant seem to figure out how to get to them. Im hunting in a new to me area in the forest. My bro in law asked me to go with him and my nephew to his lease this morning and had one fired up but on someone else property. Im pretty sure my nephew would've been able to pull the trigger on his 2nd if there wasn't a nasty wooded creek in the way.

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2018, 03:38:09 PM »
A wet weather creek got us this morning.  He hung up on the other side and must have gobbled a hundred times.  For a solid hour.  We kept thinking he would break and come in, but never did.  We realized we were hosed and worked around him and got him to answer another hour or two later, but would not finish the deal. I swear, creeks have saved more birds from me than anything.  Worse part is, we knew this area well and have hunted when pretty wet and never seen water standing there.  I guess the rain the other day filled it up.

My future son in law killed one on his family farm today. I think he is hooked. 

Offline noletracker

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2018, 01:14:49 AM »
They have been very quiet since the 24th down south of chiefland.