OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: North Florida  (Read 14640 times)

Offline Jasonb53

Re: North Florida
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 11:41:16 AM »
 I have been wanting a sa-459 in a 20 also but haven't been able to find one locally. I've switched to a 20 about 4 years ago and love it. Im shooting TSS out of mine that a friend loads for me, it throws a great pattern but its almost to tight.

I will be taking my nephew to my lease for youth weekend so hopefully we can get him his 1st bird.

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2018, 01:11:03 PM »
If you want to shoot one, let me know Jason.  I am in Quincy and you are welcome to come over and shoot it.  I bought mine at BP in Tally.  They had one in 20 and one in 12. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
I got my 12GA sa459 from BP also .went there with every  intention on getting a 935  but once I picked up the sa459 I could not put it down .
If you want to shoot one, let me know Jason.  I am in Quincy and you are welcome to come over and shoot it.  I bought mine at BP in Tally.  They had one in 20 and one in 12.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:45:16 PM by Seminoleturkey »

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2018, 04:19:34 PM »
LOL  Same here.  it was one of the 20s I was considering, but once I held it, it went home with me.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2018, 07:09:25 AM »
There been a lot more people scouting this last weekend than I have seen in recent years.nice to a lot of younger guys picking up turkey hunting.

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2018, 02:13:21 PM »

Thanks for the offer and I might take you up on it, we are not close but not to far from each other, Im in Crawfordville or just north of it  . I actually need to go shoot mine to make sure its sighted in and get some fresh batteries for my red dot.

I didn't get a chance to scout this weekend due to some dirt bike racing but I hope to slip out tomorrow morning and scout a few places before work.

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 03:13:45 PM »
I have a place at Mashes Sands, so I drive right by you all the time.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 04:42:40 PM »
I also live in Crawfordville and I think that Jasonb53 and I have a mutual friend .just bought a new g3 17 cc from mikes marine .hope that doesn’t hurt my turkey hunting motivation lol .the redfish and triple tales are in trouble agin this year .Jason do know Austin L  ? I think you and him might of went hunting together the year before last somewhere in the National Forest.He is a good friend of mine .my name is also Jason .i did not get out early this morning to listen for gobbles but I found a bunch of fresh strut marks this afternoon.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 04:48:36 PM »
Great place to fish .i fish mostly from shell point to bald point .

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 10:05:52 AM »
I also live in Crawfordville and I think that Jasonb53 and I have a mutual friend .just bought a new g3 17 cc from mikes marine .hope that doesn’t hurt my turkey hunting motivation lol .the redfish and triple tales are in trouble agin this year .Jason do know Austin L  ? I think you and him might of went hunting together the year before last somewhere in the National Forest.He is a good friend of mine .my name is also Jason .i did not get out early this morning to listen for gobbles but I found a bunch of fresh strut marks this afternoon.

I sure do know Austin ! he's a good guy and loves hunting and fishing. Have you been fishing yet in your new boat? Ive been thinking about trying  to sell my offshore and get a flats boat but haven't totally committed yet. I use to have a flats boat then went to offshore now I have been wanting to fish inshore again....guess i need 2 boats lol

nice, maybe we can get together one day. I haven't been to BP to check on one yet.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »
No mikes marine won’t have it ready until next weekend.that what i get for buying a boat the the day after a boat show .the guy said they sold 36 boats at the show and I’m behind all of them .Austin is a fishing master .jusy last year he caught stripe bass ,tarpon ,triple tail , tons of redfish,sheeps head , flounder ,monster black drum and grouper all
From a pontoon boat .I mostly go after reds and triple tails but I will hit The rotary reef on good days .

I sure do know Austin ! he's a good guy and loves hunting and fishing. Have you been fishing yet in your new boat? Ive been thinking about trying  to sell my offshore and get a flats boat but haven't totally committed yet. I use to have a flats boat then went to offshore now I have been wanting to fish inshore again....guess i need 2 boats lol

nice, maybe we can get together one day. I haven't been to BP to check on one yet.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »
Congrats Jasonb53 on getting your nephew a nice one on opening morning.Well done sir.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2018, 09:12:47 AM »
To bad my youngest son is to old to hunt youth season .i did not hear any gobbling this morning but watched 3 toms with hen for a bout an hour this morning from a few hundred yards a way .they were strutting exactly where I plan on setting up opening morning before work .

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2018, 11:52:01 AM »
Congrats Jasonb53 on getting your nephew a nice one on opening morning.Well done sir.

thank you! It was a great hunt and his first bird... he is hooked now!

I have to go find me turkey now lol. Ive been out to the forest some but haven't heard any gobbling where I have been going.

I hope you get him this weekend!

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2018, 09:46:54 PM »
Thanks brother. I did some scouting this morning and herd nothing .the wind was crazy today .just let Austin use my Dakota extreme jake for the season .i have had  very good luck with it in the past but felt bad about not buying the American made DSD  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an the Dakota extreme is a knock of DSD.i can’t believe how much more realistic the DSD looks .im going to setup up close to Tallahassee Saturday so I can be at work by 9:00 but Sunday and Monday I will be around sopchoppy . Looks like my boat will be ready tomorrow.good luck this weekend.Austin is hunting an insane spot ,his place is loaded with turkeys  :welcomeOG: .

thank you! It was a great hunt and his first bird... he is hooked now!

I have to go find me turkey now lol. Ive been out to the forest some but haven't heard any gobbling where I have been going.

I hope you get him this weekend!