OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: North Florida  (Read 14628 times)

Offline Jasonb53

Re: North Florida
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
Heck yea,you got a naked pic of your old lady ? I’m mean while we all talkin turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

I just have the one naked pic of your wife but I only share with people telling me where the birds are

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 02:47:38 AM »
I have been hunting turkeys along time in the national forest and do good there every year .i don’t mind sharing a few spots that might help out somebody that’s having a tough season.as with all seasoned public land turkeys hunters I have my spots that I keep to myself  .besides I have never met a turkey hunter I did not like .stuff posted here really helps out the young hunters trying to figure things out , so if I can point one of these guys in the direction of there first bird how could that not be a positive thing ? Turkey hunting is not a competition.  :
Giving up specific locations where birds are gobbling is not a good idea. These posts are forever.  I hunt that same forest and know every where you are talking.  Thankfully that is not where I hunt, but if it was I would not be happy.

Please take this as advice from someone that has been burned with duck hunting and turkey hunting locations since the internet was invented (and before from word of mouth). 

Gobbling in the Tallahassee area is sufficient.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:06:39 AM by Seminoleturkey »

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
I have been hunting turkeys along time in the national forest and do good there every year .i don’t mind sharing a few spots that might help out somebody that’s having a tough season.as with all seasoned public land turkeys hunters I have my spots that I keep to myself  .besides I have never met a turkey hunter I did not like .stuff posted here really helps out the young hunters trying to figure things out , so if I can point one of these guys in the direction of there first bird how could that not be a positive thing ? Turkey hunting is not a competition.  :
Giving up specific locations where birds are gobbling is not a good idea. These posts are forever.  I hunt that same forest and know every where you are talking.  Thankfully that is not where I hunt, but if it was I would not be happy.

Please take this as advice from someone that has been burned with duck hunting and turkey hunting locations since the internet was invented (and before from word of mouth). 

Seminoleturkey you sound like a good guy, Maybe we will run into each other one day. I have been to one of my private leases a few times but haven't heard them gobble but I'm pretty sure they are with the hens there already.

Gobbling in the Tallahassee area is sufficient.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 07:10:48 PM »
I have quite few birds scouted so If  your having no luck pm me .
your definitely have me reconsidering where I go opening morning lol. I have a couple small private spots that I'm hunting but it will be hit or miss with the birds. I may go listen a few mornings after this front today but sounds like we run some of the same areas

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 08:56:42 PM »
Turkey hunting is not a competition, but hunting public land sure can be.  Would really suck to have a bird patterned and then have 5 trucks show up at the spot that only did their homework on the internet.  I have privately put people on many gobbling birds in the past. 

So if you are keeping spots to your self, you may be putting people on other people's birds that actually took the time to scout.  Sorry, but I think telling folks there are birds gobbling in a general location is perfectly fine, but putting those exact spots on the internet is not a good idea. 

I have worked out hunting with guys hunting the same bird as me, love swapping stories, etc.  I just think it is poor form to be so precise.   Not for me, like I said, you are not messing me up. But while you are helping 10 guys you never met, you could be hurting a few you have never met either.  And those guys did the work on their own.  You do you and it's all fine, no hard feelings, I have just personally seen and been burned on the internet before with ducks and turkeys.  I just put up a local fishing report and told folks how I was catching and a general area, but not the specifics.  But that has just been my experience and I thought I would share.  Good luck this season.   
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
I see your point and makes a lot of sense. I will refrain from telling precise location from now on.previous post have been fixed . I have some tarpon spots that I will never talk about  . :z-guntootsmiley:
Turkey hunting is not a competition, but hunting public land sure can be.  Would really suck to have a bird patterned and then have 5 trucks show up at the spot that only did their homework on the internet.  I have privately put people on many gobbling birds in the past. 

So if you are keeping spots to your self, you may be putting people on other people's birds that actually took the time to scout.  Sorry, but I think telling folks there are birds gobbling in a general location is perfectly fine, but putting those exact spots on the internet is not a good idea. 

I have worked out hunting with guys hunting the same bird as me, love swapping stories, etc.  I just think it is poor form to be so precise.   Not for me, like I said, you are not messing me up. But while you are helping 10 guys you never met, you could be hurting a few you have never met either.  And those guys did the work on their own.  You do you and it's all fine, no hard feelings, I have just personally seen and been burned on the internet before with ducks and turkeys.  I just put up a local fishing report and told folks how I was catching and a general area, but not the specifics.  But that has just been my experience and I thought I would share.  Good luck this season.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:09:44 PM by Seminoleturkey »

Offline Jasonb53

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »
Seminoleturkey thank you for you generous offer but I wouldnt feel right about asking where your turkeys are but it is nice to know in the world of internet that there is few guys that hunt local spots where I hunt also.  I have hunted the forest a long time and know where turkeys are also, whether or not they are on fire or not is a different story. Ill be in maroon f150 either an older reg cab work truck or newer crew cab 4x4 feel free to stop an speak and ill offer the same info to you if your having bad season. I did have a bird patterned last year in the forest, hadn't seen anyone 3 weeks prior to the season opener. the friday before season I had seen where one truck had came in behind where i had been stopping and apparently heard the bird, on opening morning there were 2 truck blocking the entrances to that bird. Its public land and it happens but it wasn't because I told anyone about it.

I understand the point g8rvet is trying to make but I'm not the type of guy he is referring to. In the forest your liable to have anyone hunting in your are whether the info comes from the internet,friend or whatever.  As far as fishing goes I have my special spots also most being offshore but do target some inshore varieties also. I have had the fever for fishing lately since a couple of new rod and reel purchases have been made.

My turkey hunting and my fishing itch really needs scratching!

Good luck to you guys!

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 06:51:29 PM »
You definitely are not the guys I am talking about Jason.  You discussed it right on the thread. You are not anonymous.   But I would point out this thread now has 22 replies and 635 views!  I have pmed primo spots, both fishing and hunting to folks I do not know.   But I kept those specific spots to pm.  That was my only point.  Nothing wrong with getting a pointer or a starting spot.  We all do it all the time. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline RemingtonRules

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 09:28:32 PM »
North or south of the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2018, 05:36:49 PM »
Herd nothing yesterday morning but they were on fire at three different spots this morning. :funnyturkey: I probably won’t be able to hunt opening weekend but will get after them Wednesday through Friday

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2018, 08:38:38 PM »
Hope to see you out there brother, you seem like a real cool dude .
Seminoleturkey thank you for you generous offer but I wouldnt feel right about asking where your turkeys are but it is nice to know in the world of internet that there is few guys that hunt local spots where I hunt also.  I have hunted the forest a long time and know where turkeys are also, whether or not they are on fire or not is a different story. Ill be in maroon f150 either an older reg cab work truck or newer crew cab 4x4 feel free to stop an speak and ill offer the same info to you if your having bad season. I did have a bird patterned last year in the forest, hadn't seen anyone 3 weeks prior to the season opener. the friday before season I had seen where one truck had came in behind where i had been stopping and apparently heard the bird, on opening morning there were 2 truck blocking the entrances to that bird. Its public land and it happens but it wasn't because I told anyone about it.

I understand the point g8rvet is trying to make but I'm not the type of guy he is referring to. In the forest your liable to have anyone hunting in your are whether the info comes from the internet,friend or whatever.  As far as fishing goes I have my special spots also most being offshore but do target some inshore varieties also. I have had the fever for fishing lately since a couple of new rod and reel purchases have been made.

My turkey hunting and my fishing itch really needs scratching!

Good luck to you guys!

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »
g8rvet are you still hunting with your sa459 ? I believe we got ours about the same time .love carrying this gun on the long hikes.mine is a 12GA and shoots the fire out #6 long beard 1 7/8 oz with a Indian creek choke .
You definitely are not the guys I am talking about Jason.  You discussed it right on the thread. You are not anonymous.   But I would point out this thread now has 22 replies and 635 views!  I have pmed primo spots, both fishing and hunting to folks I do not know.   But I kept those specific spots to pm.  That was my only point.  Nothing wrong with getting a pointer or a starting spot.  We all do it all the time.

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 11:26:55 PM »
Yes. Mine is the 20.  Sweet little rig. I had to hold it up for a while on a bird last year, easy peasy.  So easy to point.  Love it.  Bought a ton of the Federal HW #7 so I should be set for at least 10 years.  And that is if my daughter and I kill 2 a year! 

Offline Seminoleturkey

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2018, 09:25:16 PM »
Scouted some areas near sopchoppy and herd one right at 10:00 and it’s awesome looking river bottom .thats where I will be my first morning I get to hunt

Offline NFW

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2018, 10:58:29 PM »
I’ve also hunted the forest a good bit. Best advice to give is go put in a little work, and if you see someone parked in an area go to another and let that one person try and kill that bird. There’s plenty in there for you not have to be on top of somebody. Even though not all people do it. Would make it more enjoyable.