OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Harold Fowler striker question

Started by reynolds243, February 17, 2018, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBRANNON

I have Osage, Walnut, Bloodwood, Hickory, and Dogwood tops on two piece strikers from him. They all rock.
Patience, grasshopper.

Sixes

I love Mr Fowler's strikers. I actually just received an order a couple of weeks back where I had reordered a couple of my favorites so that I would have spares. You never know what can happen to a striker.

His Black Locust is my favorite, followed by Snakewood.

Lots of other great ones: Tulipwood, Ipe, Black Palm, Dymondwood, etc.

On my last order, he sent me a free striker (he has done that in the past, but not sure what constitutes a free one) made from Meranti.  I'd never heard of it, but it is another great all around striker that seems to work on any call.

Chris O

Quote from: Happy hooker on February 18, 2018, 02:31:11 AM
Do you guys have a thought on which one of his strikers or combination s will mellow out a Crystal call that's high pitched,,
I think bloodwood does this and adds rasp. I was running a crystal over aluminum today with a Yellowheart and a Macasser ebony and they were higher pitched, but when I hit it with the bloodwood she came to life and sounded amazing. My bloodwood is a pretty heavy striker and regular tip no flare on this one .It isn't one of Harold's but I have a couple of his and feel his bloodwood would be a good one

model94

I like his Brazillian Ebony to lower the pitch on all my calls and it is a very dense wood like Snakewood.

earl9932

I recently received the following from Mr. Fowler: One piece Black Locust; Two piece Osage over Tulipwood and Two piece Elm over Mystery wood. All very nice.

Harty

I checked Mr. Fowler's Webb site and it says he is no accepting orders due to illness. Does anyone have any insight? If so Godspeed in a good recovery

nitro

Mr. Harold is battling a serious cancer diagnosis again. He is in need of prayer for sure.
Royal Slam 2008

sbbow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk