OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beginner/Entry level trumpet

Started by jblackburn, February 17, 2018, 04:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Been kicking around the idea of getting a trumpet to add to the arsenal. I like calling in birds with different types of calls, but I've never done it with a trumpet. Who's calls should I look at? I'm thinking about the $50-75 range. If I can get it for this season, great, if not, no big deal.

Thanks in advance!

Also, I have a wing bone that I've used with success, so I think I could half way run one.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Terry

Sending PM

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

That's not unrealistic but up your budget to at least $120 and your list will be much longer. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

paboxcall

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on February 17, 2018, 04:52:39 PM
That's not unrealistic but up your budget to at least $120 and your list will be much longer.

:agreed:

That is very good advice.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

EZ

Robert Glover (Crawdad) makes a sweet little adjustable yelper at a VERY reasonable price.

davisd9

Buy a good quality trumpet and the learning curve is much easier. Also, if you decide it is not for you then you can usually get your money back. Do not skimp on a trumpet if you are learning.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dzsmith

I just bought my first trumpet at the convention. It was a turpin trumpet from the man himself. Payed either 70 bucks for it. Im having quite the time trying to learn to use it..... Its hard. Beautiful instrument though. What do you guys think of turpin trumpets.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Terry

I struggled with the Turpin I owned

Chris O

I like the one I got last week.I think it sounds good and plays pretty easy. I also think Mero and AGE play pretty easy also.If a person only wants to buy 1 trumpet and be done I would buy a Billy Buice with screw in mouth pieces and buy all the mouth pieces kind of expensive at first but cheaper than buying 3 other trumpets. I like trying different ones though I have a Chris Brumfiel and a Misfire game calls heading my way soon so I will let you know what I think of them.

mspaci

Any pics of the crawdad adjustable, there is a nice pappy trumpet for $75 on here now. Mike

KPcalls

You should have got with me when you lived in my backyard..

EZ

Quote from: mspaci on February 18, 2018, 07:41:11 AM
Any pics of the crawdad adjustable, there is a nice pappy trumpet for $75 on here now. Mike

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vl5zep.jpg

It's the one right in the middle with the brass mouthpiece. I ran it and it is sweet.

Chris O

Quote from: KPcalls on February 18, 2018, 08:25:36 AM
Your trumpets are beautiful and I have heard nothing but great things about yours. I texted you a week or so ago to get put on your list and am looking forward to trying one of yours also

Terry

Quote from: Chris O on February 18, 2018, 01:06:17 PM
Your trumpets are beautiful and I have heard nothing but great things about yours. I texted you a week or so ago to get put on your list and am looking forward to trying one of yours also
Good move. I think I'm gonna be on Kenny's list permanently.

Chris O

Quote from: Terry on February 18, 2018, 01:09:10 PM
Quote from: Chris O on February 18, 2018, 01:06:17 PM
Good move. I think I'm gonna be on Kenny's list permanently.

Feel like telling me which KP call is your favorite? I take you as a guy that has had many trumpets so you know which ones are the best and I value your opinion. You can pm If you rather thanks for any input