OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TSS anyone ??  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
TSS anyone ??
« on: February 17, 2018, 08:29:36 AM »
Started loading TSS for my 12ga 4 years ago, saw what it could do and went to the 20ga and never looked back. Anyone here loading or planning on rocking the TSS this year?  We loaded up some 20 2 3/4 1 5/8oz. Will be shooting them this week during the warm up.
Don't gobble at me...

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: TSS anyone ??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »
Can't wait to see what you get.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:18:18 PM »
If that’s the MOA load, you’re going to love it. I’m having technical difficulties with my loads right now but I’ll have it straight come season. I’m actually looking for some of the Federal TSS 20 ga #9’s if y’all know where to get them...

Offline DMP

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »
I will be setting up a 870 youth 20 gauge in the next few weeks and plan to use the Apex TSS loads this year.  Will probably try the Federals next year.  Can't find them right now.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »
I’m shooting the 870 youth model and getting 10” patterns in the 300’s at 44yds. Indian Creek choke works the best for me, then the SSX.

Offline whitelightning

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 08:49:14 PM »
I started shooting it last year with hand loads.  3" 2oz. Great patterns. This year switched to apex just for convenience. Last year's loads put up 322 in the 10 and another 302 in the 20 at 40 with a tri star raptor atak and a hevi 13 choke.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tn8dB2k.gif/img]

Offline Jerm90

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 01:39:25 PM »
Where can I buy just the shot?
7.5,8,9?

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 05:51:51 PM »
I buy mine from Tommy ( reloader) and Hal ( ) over on gobbler nation or on facebook
Don't gobble at me...

Offline Lefty

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 06:10:05 PM »
I just picked up 2 boxes of the Federal #9's with some cabelas points I had burning a hole in my pocket.  Can't wait to try them out.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »
Help a brotha out!

Offline gobbler777

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:33 AM »
Greetings:  I'm the new (old guy LOLs) team member - 55 Spring Seasons. I, admittedly, have not taken the time to be more active with you for a couple of reasons that I wont bore you with. I am happy to be on the team and, thankfully, have added to our score. Congrats to all for a great season. Re. using , TSS shot, I tried the Apex #9s, after finally securing a box halfway through the season, out of my 870 Youth Model 20 ga. successfully on two birds this year. Dang that stuff is expensive but absolutely deadly. I use a SumToy choke that shot Fed Heavyweights great as William recommended. He told me that the Apex 9s would shoot great out of the same choke he sold me. With that I used it confidently. Paul (Capt Hooks) told me it really was deadly... SO TRUE. Both birds fell without any flop. Needless to say, I will continue to use TSS and may tweak the shot size after proper patterning.
I'd be especially interested in any personal results/suggestions from any of you that use the 870 Youth Model in 20 ga. Any improvement, to me, is a good thing.
A few more turkey days...good luck to those who are still hunting.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 10:08:55 AM »
Greetings:  I'm the new (old guy LOLs) team member - 55 Spring Seasons. I, admittedly, have not taken the time to be more active with you for a couple of reasons that I wont bore you with. I am happy to be on the team and, thankfully, have added to our score. Congrats to all for a great season. Re. using , TSS shot, I tried the Apex #9s, after finally securing a box halfway through the season, out of my 870 Youth Model 20 ga. successfully on two birds this year. Dang that stuff is expensive but absolutely deadly. I use a SumToy choke that shot Fed Heavyweights great as William recommended. He told me that the Apex 9s would shoot great out of the same choke he sold me. With that I used it confidently. Paul (Capt Hooks) told me it really was deadly... SO TRUE. Both birds fell without any flop. Needless to say, I will continue to use TSS and may tweak the shot size after proper patterning.
I'd be especially interested in any personal results/suggestions from any of you that use the 870 Youth Model in 20 ga. Any improvement, to me, is a good thing.
A few more turkey days...good luck to those who are still hunting.
I’m Using one of Hal’s recipes that I got from him. Shooting #9’s and 9.5’s. Great patterning load, so I don’t think I’ll be changing much. As of now, it’s a 50yd gun all day long. I have had a few longer kills but don’t stretch it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jryser

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 04:41:14 PM »
Just got started with Hal’s help!!

My first 5 shells with #9 TSS with a Hal recipe in my 1962 Browning Auto 5 Sweet 16 with a Browning Miroku barrel and Trulock .610 choke. That’s 50 yards there. AMAZING. 

My Iowa hunt with The Hunting Public on video shows the lethality of TSS. We did not show this pic but see for yourself!

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 08:42:49 PM »
Crimps look great what are you using
Don't gobble at me...

Offline longbeards

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 08:50:18 PM »
Just shot a 20 Apex,,,will post pics on 20 gauge forum!! Very happy in the mts of wv!!