turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best sounding custom pot call?

Started by Hardtime_NC, February 19, 2018, 10:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardtime_NC

Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

HookedonHooks

The "best" is very subjective....

My personal favorites: Jimmy Schaffer, Lon Trice, Brad Roberts, Gary Anderson, Pat Strawser, Paul Durham, Kevin Farr... There's a lot others I could name but those are my top few. Don't own a Clint Corder or Paul Platz, but they'd probably be up there too.

turkeymanjim

My favorites are, Clint Corder, Paul Platz, Brad Roberts, Jimmy Schaffer, David Halloran.

Turkz39

TJ Johnson,  Jimmy Schaffer, Drew Kitchens, Jason Dials, Hunter Adams

Pettit877

Check out TJ Johnson, new to the game but you wouldn't know it by the quality of the sound of his calls

Eric

Turkz39

Tj's calls are smoking!!  I can't believe he didn't place this past weekend.

jed clampett

I have a walnut crystal and zebrawood slate from TJ ...they are absolute killers!

PALongspur

Mark Cornelius and Roger Parks.

Excellent callmakers, even better turkey killers!

MK M GOBL

LOL... and who's the judge? Are you talking for a contest call or a meat call?

There is NO answer as to what the is the "Best Sounding Custom Pot Call?". Plenty will have their favorites as I do.

If I am going by pure turkey sound (performance over pretty) and what I have had for success with I am always going to say my CODY World Class Slate. It's what I have for a pot call in my hand for every hunt!

MK M GOBL

bobk

Of the calls that I own Platz, Yingling and Roberts are my favorites.

Matt k

southern_leo

You can't really truly answer this question. All the makers listed make amazing pots, but some call makers make certain calls better than others too. And it's very opinionated too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

fountain2

When you get to the level of corder, Platz, Roberts, halloran, etc., there is no "best" one.  They will all sound amazing.  They can manipulate the call to have certain sounds by wood combos, different strikers, build type and so on.  You could literally close your eyes and tske any of their calls and it will sound great.

Spitten and drummen

The best ever pot call or any other call for that matter is the one that you feel you run the best and sounds the best to your ear. That is what breeds confidence, confidence in a call means you will run it more than others , therefore increasing the number of birds you call up.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

greencop01

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 19, 2018, 07:15:02 PM
The best ever pot call or any other call for that matter is the one that you feel you run the best and sounds the best to your ear. That is what breeds confidence, confidence in a call means you will run it more than others , therefore increasing the number of birds you call up.
With the quote which I agree with 100% my go to pot is a raw aluminum in an english walnut pot by Al Hobart Enticer Calls. This pot has been the demise of many toms. That said its the one you think is the best.

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!