OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2018 Grand Nationals  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Austy

• The Boss Gobbler
2018 Grand Nationals
« on: February 17, 2018, 03:11:11 AM »
Congrats to everyone who entered calls this year and were successful with a win.  Everyone who entered a call is a winner in my book!!!  I was lucky enough to be able to win 2 3rd Place Ribbons in the Decorative category #13 Air Operated Yelper and Category # 29 Collaborative Decorative Turkey Call. 

Now this upsets me with the # 29 Category and that is the simple fact that the category is a Collaborative category which means one person builds the box call and another person does the art work, yet the NWTF makes NO Mention of the Artist just the person who built the box call, that needs to change so that the artist gets the recognition that they deserve.  I do plan to speak to Karen at the NWTF after they get back from the convention in hopes that in the future these awesome artists get the recognition that they worked so hard for.  With that said I want to send a HUGE SHOUT OUT to the women who did the art work on my call for me this year Dobora Molnar, of Weatherly, PA.  Both the box call builder and the artist are both from the same county here in PA and as the builder of that box call there is NO Doubt in my mind that had it not been for this very talented women gracing one of my box calls with her art work that call would not have been as successful.  Congrats Debbie and thank you sooooo much for your awesome art.

Congrats to everyone but I just needed to vent al little and hope it does not offend anyone.

Austy

Offline Fatbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 2018 Grand Nationals
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »
Congrats. I entered in some air operated and had 3rd, two fourth place and 2 fifth place and was pleasantly surprised
East TN Beard Buster

Offline Austy

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 2018 Grand Nationals
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 11:18:43 AM »
I left a message today for Karen about my complaint, and I am sure she will call me back, she has always been very good about returning phone calls.  I also think that it may help if there is more than just one person who is complaining about this because these Artist really put their heart and souls into these calls and NEED to be recognized.  So if you have a chance pick up the phone and give the NWTF headquarters a call and voice your concern.  I am sure that these awesome artist who grace our calls with such awesome art will appreciate your time and concern for some recognition that they worked so hard for.

Its such an easy fix for the NWTF just break it down, Call by:?  Art by:?, its that simple.

Thanks

Austy