turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington straight rifled turkeychoke

Started by fatboy, April 17, 2011, 06:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboy

I have two of these, they are supose to be .665 I was told they look to have small wad stoppers and straight lines.The last half inch at the muzzle is larger than .665 I think it measured .690. Does anyone have any experiance with these I was going to try them with the heavy # 7. And later maybe with the # 8 tss. Thanks for any help.

R AJ

I had that choke years ago,pre hTL. I believe that it would be good in the Fed FC shell in #5s and perhaps 6s. I was thinking that it was more open than a 665 myself but can not remember. The straight rifling should help in keeping the FC wad stable but as for petal opening I don't have a clue.

You hav ean interesting choke to try and please report to us.

fatboy

Heavy 7 at 40 10" circle 247,251 263,  were the counts for my rem straight rifle choke. I guess this is only average. My custom choke without wad stoppers 217 only took one shot with it.

pullit

Quote from: fatboy on April 18, 2011, 10:16:55 PM
Heavy 7 at 40 10" circle 247,251 263,  were the counts for my rem straight rifle choke. I guess this is only average. My custom choke without wad stoppers 217 only took one shot with it.

Were these 3 or 3.5" shells and 2 or 2 1/4 oz?
Thanks

fatboy