OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stock Choices For An 1187

Started by Turkey Trot, April 17, 2011, 05:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

I've been working on an 1187 that has been a closet queen and turning it into a turkey killer.  The gun shoots low, which I am working on an may have to be resolved with a smith's assistance.  I want a better grip stock, and want to evaluate how it shoots with a replacement before taking the next step on point of impact.

I am familiar with the Remington Shure Shot which can be bought as low as $56 before shipping and I am familiar with the Knoxx stocks that can be bought fairly well off of amazon (and similar stocks from Tapco and ProMag).  I've seen some tactical stocks in various online catlogs that look like they have a lot of drop (e.g., Advanced Technology), which is something I don't need. 

Who makes stocks like the Benelli Steady Grip for an 1187?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Gobble!

I believe I used to use a ATI stock on my old 870 that may be what your looking for

Snoody Bastid

Funny timing regarding this topic.
I just got an ATI stock for my NOS 1187 SPS-T (3") and will be returning it tomorrow. I don't like the quality and the mounting collar you have to use with it. I just ordered a Speedfeed IV and will be using that with my stock black forend until I have it dipped after the season. It was 3x the price of the ATI but if it's good enough for our boys in the sandbox and patrolling our mean streets, then it's good enough for me. I just wish they sold the buttstock by itself..

ohiostrutter

I really like the feel of the sure shot stocks I have a set on my 1187 I feel like I have more control over the gun I like the looks of the knoxx stocks as well

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Snoody Bastid on April 17, 2011, 09:38:21 PM
I just got an ATI stock for my NOS 1187 SPS-T (3") and will be returning it tomorrow. I don't like the quality and the mounting collar you have to use with it. I just ordered a Speedfeed IV and will be using that with my stock black forend until I have it dipped after the season. It was 3x the price of the ATI but if it's good enough for our boys in the sandbox and patrolling our mean streets, then it's good enough for me. I just wish they sold the buttstock by itself..

That Advanced stock has way too much drop, but the Speedfeed looks good.  It specifically mentions that it has little drop.  I searched briefly on the web and found better prices that Brownell's, which is not unusual.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Wolfdog

I like the Speed-Feed on my 1187 SuperMag.

The more people I meet the better I like Turkeys

Snoody Bastid

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 18, 2011, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: Snoody Bastid on April 17, 2011, 09:38:21 PM

That Advanced stock has way too much drop, but the Speedfeed looks good.  It specifically mentions that it has little drop.  I searched briefly on the web and found better prices that Brownell's, which is not unusual.

I paid $85.00 for the set (plus shipping) from A2ZOutdoors.com. I have no affiliation, just looking out for a brother..