OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 10 gauge NEF/H&R  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Laloom83

10 gauge NEF/H&R
« on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »
I’m about to send my 10 gauge to SumToy and I can’t decide between Williams rifled sights or a red dot such as a Burris FF3?  Anyone have any suggestions or pictures they can post of a NEF/H&R with sights on it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Laloom83

Re: 10 gauge NEF/H&R
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
 I had one and William put the fire sights on and it worked awesome ! I think the barrel on them is to thin for a scope or reddot?

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
The 10 is heavy barrel, I have one. Isnt it drilled & tapped? I have red dot on mine.  Mike

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 01:29:37 PM »
Barrel thickness will not be an issue. My suggestion is get it as low as possible on the barrel. I sent him a weaver rail to put on mine and he did a great job but I now see that I should have used a lower rail.

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 08:40:24 AM »
Barrel thickness will not be an issue. My suggestion is get it as low as possible on the barrel. I sent him a weaver rail to put on mine and he did a great job but I now see that I should have used a lower rail.
Ad some comb height to your stock and you'll be happy.
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:39:02 PM »

Well, I just replaced my red dot sight with a traditional cross hair scope and now realize I needed the extra height from the base to get clearance above the hammer.

Offline TalksToTurkeys

• Longbeard
  • Lycoming Co. Pa.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 11:54:10 AM »
Probably a sign you shouldn't do that. They were factory drilled for a pistol scope for good reason. With the scope that close to your face you are risking serious injury. I have one with a Leupold pistol scope on and it's an awesome setup. If it wasn't so damn heavy I might take it out of the safe once in awhile.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »

Well, I just replaced my red dot sight with a traditional cross hair scope and now realize I needed the extra height from the base to get clearance above the hammer.
Deadbuck, if you need to raise the comb height look up "Accu-riser" it is a rubber  comb that attaches like a recoil pad with two screws. They also have ones that strap on. I don't know how to post a link or I would. Going to use one next time I need to raise a comb, but will use threaded inserts countersunk into stock and machine screws so I could remove and install it if needed for dual purpose guns.

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 09:37:11 PM »
Probably a sign you shouldn't do that. They were factory drilled for a pistol scope for good reason. With the scope that close to your face you are risking serious injury. I have one with a Leupold pistol scope on and it's an awesome setup. If it wasn't so damn heavy I might take it out of the safe once in awhile.

Mine is an H&R and was not drilled and tapped from factory. The scope I mounted was a new Leupold 2-7 with the parallax set at 50 yards. Have 5-6 inches of eye relief so not really worried about getting scope bite. I tried mounting my 2-7 Burris pistol scope first and that was a definite NO-GO

Offline TalksToTurkeys

• Longbeard
  • Lycoming Co. Pa.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 07:05:36 AM »
I'm not trying to give you a hard time deadbuck, but that doesn't sound like enough eye relief to me. When I bought mine, NEF advised against putting a shotgun scope on it. You may get away with it at the pattern board but what's going to happen when you're hunting and need to shoot from an awkward position?