turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ultra light chair?

Started by whiskey, February 13, 2018, 08:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskey

I dropped my vest and moved to a turkey purse and a gobbler lounger last year.  I'm happy with the set up, but I'd like a lighter weight chair. Does anyone know of a chair similar to the gobbler lounger that has an aluminum frame?

I have an A-lite backpacking chair that weighs 1 pound, but it's too slow to set up, shiny and noisy, so looking for better options.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dirt road ninja

I wish they would make a carbon fiber Turkey chair

HookedonHooks

I use the Turkey Thugs gobbler chair, and it's a very lightweight lounger. In comparison to the Cabelas brand it feels lighter for sure. I'm a big ol' boy too, so it's not lighter because it lacks in quality. I bought mine for $10 at Walmart on clearance and it's held up for two turkey seasons, and some waterfowl hunts depending our game plan. Now that I think of it, I should've bought 5-6.

I still don't run and gun with it, as my vest, like most, has a cushion. But my morning set up usually has my lounger and a decoy or two left behind when and if I do go running and gunning.

MK M GOBL

I have an old seat I bought from the NWTF Turkey Shoppe called a lo boy lite turkey seat, all aluminum frame. Been hunting off of this for 20+ years. I did modify mine a bit to add a backrest to it. H.S. made something similar but with hinged legs, lo boy's are fixed. I used the H.S. version to make my backrest.

MK M GOBL

shaman

I've been taking camo boat cushions and leaving them around the property in likely spots for years. When I go a certain way, I pick up the cushion and then drop it off on the way out.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

whiskey

Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LaLongbeard

Cabelas and a few other places sell these seats 2 pounds so there quite a bit lighter than the full back chairs ( I use a tree for a back rest).
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Damson

+1 on the Turkey Thug Chair.  Super comfortable and light.  The only complaint I have on it is the carry strap on it isn't long enough to throw over my shoulder. 

Dtrkyman

I was thinking of trying a beach chair, just spray it with some camo paint.

CntrlPA

These have always intrigued me but i'm not sure how well they would work.

http://www.crazycreek.com/backpacking-hiking-camp-chairs/

mtns2hunt

Quote from: CntrlPA on March 28, 2018, 11:04:43 AM

I have two camo seats like the ones in the above link. They are comfortable and provide back support. I mainly use them Deer hunting but they would work well for Turkey. I use a turkey lounger from Wally world with my own stap Turkey hunting.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

howl

Somebody told me they had good luck putting one of those on a stool like the one phillipshunt posted above. I leaned back and kept going back until I was on the floor. I guess I musta done something wrong, but one try was enough.

Marc

Quote from: howl on May 14, 2018, 10:57:42 AM
Somebody told me they had good luck putting one of those on a stool like the one phillipshunt posted above. I leaned back and kept going back until I was on the floor. I guess I musta done something wrong, but one try was enough.
Good thing you were not near a cliff...

I think those look like they could work, but I would put them right on the ground...

I also think  Dtrkyman is on to something with the cheap beach chair and a can of paint...  It would likely need to be replaced fairly often, but I see those chairs at garage sales for a couple of bucks sometimes...  They are certainly lighter than any of the commercial turkey chairs I have seen...

I think the only drawback would be the noise (from trying to open it, and the cursing when it does not open).....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

ilbucksndux

I have 2 of the Turkey Thugs chairs that I picked up on sale for $10 and I think it works great. Most of the time I leave it in the truck because Im always on the move and dont carry anything extra if I dont have to,but those days when they are quiet and I know Im going to be going to a spot and sitting most of the time I take it. I put a gun sling on it to lengthen the carry strap. 
Gary Bartlow

TauntoHawk

Love mine, I have the primos vest that's has this type of seat built so I don't use the crazy creek for turkey but deer and glassing elk/deer out west it's awesome

Won't get you up off the ground but I like this style way more then a standard cushion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>