turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ultra light chair?

Started by whiskey, February 13, 2018, 08:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

I use one a lot like this from time to time. 

The ones I use have a Velcro strap and D-ring to wrap around and keep them folded in when carrying them.  They also came in a carry bag with a shoulder strap.  It's somewhat a pain to carry something extra.  But it also helps a LOT in some situations where a little extra elevation helps with the seeing.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

Anybody ever try a Beard Buster EZ Chair?  It's a stadium type seat with padding.  Looks interesting.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

I got the beard Buster seat in today.  I may use it some on a ladder stand during archery season.  Seems pretty good but not as cushioned as I thought it may be. I need some testing time to see how well it suits me.  It's a high back stadium seat with some cushion. It's light and can fit in the game bag of my vest.  Hoping to find something comfy and easier to carry than a gobbler lounger.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: ilbucksndux on May 15, 2018, 03:27:16 PM
I have 2 of the Turkey Thugs chairs that I picked up on sale for $10 and I think it works great. Most of the time I leave it in the truck because Im always on the move and dont carry anything extra if I dont have to,but those days when they are quiet and I know Im going to be going to a spot and sitting most of the time I take it. I put a gun sling on it to lengthen the carry strap.

Same here!  Works great!

Jrkimbrough

I'm very tempted to try a chair like in the link and spray paint. At 4 lbs, its almost half the weight of most of the gobbler lounger style chairs.

https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Sandpiper-Sand-Chair-Gray/dp/B00CHZGAE6/ref=mp_s_a_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1548153228&sr=8-30&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=beach+chair

Gen.27:3

Give the Hammock Seat a look, it's a very light and comfortable seat. It does, however, take a little practice to learn how to set it up right.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,