OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bushnell TRS-25 on sale at Amazon  (Read 7749 times)

Offline 1_bighunter

Re: Bushnell TRS-25 on sale at Amazon
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »
I just got one from Amazon today.  It had the white lettering.  However, instead of a single dot it had two small dots beside each other. I thought maybe it was just my eyes playing tricks on me so I had my wife, son and daughter all look at it.  They all saw the same thing.  Granted, it wasn't like they were a few mm apart or anything but the brighter you made it the more pronounced it became.  I decided to send it back and get a replacement.  Hoping I just got a fluke.  It was just under $50.

Offline stetor

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 09:41:37 PM »
I got one from amazon the other day for 41. It seems to be good.  I cannot wait to get it sighted in. Mine only had 1 dot 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Swampchickin234

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
I paid 51 for one a week or so ago. White letters, but seems lagit. So far so good on 410

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sevetts

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 11:57:54 PM »
I've bought 2 so far this spring, both track fine and are holding... one of them did have 2 "R" adjustments instead of an "r" and a "u" but I'm not gonna complain if it holds. What else are you gonna buy for $40. I would buy more and may just to have them

Offline CtRider

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »
I just got one from Amazon today.  It had the white lettering.  However, instead of a single dot it had two small dots beside each other. I thought maybe it was just my eyes playing tricks on me so I had my wife, son and daughter all look at it.  They all saw the same thing.  Granted, it wasn't like they were a few mm apart or anything but the brighter you made it the more pronounced it became.  I decided to send it back and get a replacement.  Hoping I just got a fluke.  It was just under $50.
I noticed if I turn the brightness up past 7 it kind of blows out the dot. I just assumed this was a result of a lower optic price point vs a fake.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 04:06:50 PM »
I noticed if I turn the brightness up past 7 it kind of blows out the dot. I just assumed this was a result of a lower optic price point vs a fake.

Depends on ambient light intensity and well...wether it's a fake or not.  The double dot issue means it absolutely is a fake.  The true Bushnell models have the amber coating on the lenses and comes in a dark glossy box with a bunch of Bushnell marketing stuff on it.  EVERYTHING else is a fake I promise. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline CtRider

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »

Depends on ambient light intensity and well...wether it's a fake or not.  The double dot issue means it absolutely is a fake.  The true Bushnell models have the amber coating on the lenses and comes in a dark glossy box with a bunch of Bushnell marketing stuff on it.  EVERYTHING else is a fake I promise.
Mine meets your requirements. I thought to myself, there’s no way a fake would be packaged this nicely haha.

Offline 1_bighunter

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 06:45:05 PM »
Got my replacement today and it has a single dot.  Both were packaged in a sealed Bushnell box but this one seems to be the real thing.  Got my gun back from the gunsmith today.  Red dot is bore sighted.  Looking forward to getting to the range.

Offline 1_bighunter

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
I finally got a chance to shoot my Benelli with the Bushnell red dot.  I also bought several boxes of 3 1/3" #6 Winchester Longbeard XRs from a gentlemen on this forum and decided to use them.  It took 2 shots at 25 yards to get me on the bull.  I dropped back to 45 yards and put 50 pellets in the head and neck of a turkey target.  Red dot holds and adjustments are true.  I can't believe the difference between a using the red dot vs standard sights!  Even though the red dot has no magnification the picture window is so much nicer.  You actually get to see the entire bird vs having your front sight bead cover the bird.  I think I've convinced my Dad to put one on his Benelli Vinci. 

Offline CtRider

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:35 PM »
Same box as mine. Yeah can’t imagine it not being bright enough. Maybe it’s a dud?

Offline Tom Dooley

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »
I got one a couple years ago with yellow lettering and one with white last Christmas. The yellow one is good and bright. The white one is dim. I love the yellow one but would not recommend the white.

Offline CtRider

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 03:46:36 PM »
Just followed my up that I’m real happy with mine...

Offline Divenut2

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 05:20:04 PM »
I got this one on Amazon last year. Absolutely love it! Put about 50 ' 60 turrkey loads through my 500 since getting it.Handles 3" mags without a hiccup or change in poi. Like it so much I'm gonna get one for my little bubba'd No4 Mk1 deer carbine.
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.