OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Typical hunting areas  (Read 7207 times)

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Typical hunting areas
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »
on a volcano!! From sea level to 13k+feet snow covered mountain tops. It’s gonna be awesome.

That truly sounds like a glorious hunt!! Where is that, in Hawaii or the Pacific NW?

The big island of Hawaii!!! 

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 10:08:50 PM »
I live in an area with lots of rolling hills and trees (where the Mennonites don't wipe them all out anyway.) You never know what you are going to get with NY weather, I have sat with my teeth chattering only to be sweating like a pig 3 or 4 hours later. I got rained out opening day 2 years ago, and then not much rain after that week the rest of the season. I love the weather in NY it gives every seasons hunt a new challenge and is part of the personality of every hunt and something new to remember for every species of game I hunt.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Online FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
The big island

That sounds like a grand trip. You do have a grass ghillie suit, right?  :TooFunny:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.