OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Palm Sunday Devotional 4-17-11

Started by pappy, April 17, 2011, 11:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

According to the Gospels Jesus rode a donkey into Jerusalem, and the celebrating people there lay down their cloaks in front of him, and also lay down small branches of trees. The people sang part of Psalms 118: 24-26 - ... "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I beseech thee O Lord; O Lord; I beseech thee send now prosperity. Blessed be He that cometh in the name of the Lord. We have blessed you out of the house of the Lord ."
The symbolism of the donkey may refer to the Eastern tradition that it is an animal of peace, versus the horse, which is the animal of war. Therefore, a king came riding upon a horse when he was bent on war and rode upon a donkey when he wanted to point out that he was coming in peace. Therefore Jesus' entry to Jerusalem symbolized his entry as the Prince of Peace, not as a war waging king.

This is where we begin to see how we are to bear the likeness of Christ in our lives. If we are to convince the world of the love and Compassion of Jesus, we cannot expect to be successful by waging war, it is not our fight, we must commit to bring peace to those who are at war with themselves and with God, by sharing the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Let this be a new beginning to all Christians, to shed the Light of the Lord upon a world of darkness, let us sing our praises to the King of Kings, for His example of Peace and love. pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mmims

Awesome start to Easter week! Thanks Jack!

Mike

BOFF

Wonderful Jack!!

Thanks for the devotional!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

Duke0002