OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New toy - Benelli M2 20 ga, 24"

Started by Meatseeker, April 26, 2018, 06:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatseeker

The MA turkeys season starts next Monday and I got my new rig set up just in time.   Man am I excited!  I bought a Benelli M2 - 20 ga, with 24" barrel.  I put a picatinny rail, a REX skeleton wing  protector, and a Vortex Venom 3moa reflex sight on it.   I Cera-coated the rail, wing protector, and end of the choke tubes in in olive drab.

I tested a Trulock HW7, a Carlson's 555, and finally a Sumtoy 562 with Fed HW#7's.  The Benelli M2 is much more finicky than the a 20 ga Rem 870.  But  I finally got it to put up a nice pattern with the Sumtoy.  I managed 148  hits in 10" circle at 40 yards.

I am very excited!!!

Meatseeker

1iagobblergetter

Congrats. Nice gun...Did you happen to shoot it with open sights at all before adding the vortex sight?? Just wondering how the poa/poi was.
I've kicked around buying one and tinkering with it and Tss for something different and also enjoy toting around a lightweight gun.

sasquatch1

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 26, 2018, 07:07:07 PM
Congrats. Nice gun...Did you happen to shoot it with open sights at all before adding the vortex sight?? Just wondering how the poa/poi was.
I've kicked around buying one and tinkering with it and Tss for something different and also enjoy toting around a lightweight gun.

Have one with 26" barrel and it shoots POI. Just bought a 24" barrel for it but haven't shot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

I have one also. GREAT  GUN  THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I TURKEY HUNT WITH ANYMORE.......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

kwild835

My 24" barrel shoots about 4" high with the bead.  I think it is perfect.

turkey_slayer

Nice! Where did you get the protector. Google didn't come up with anything

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Meatseeker

turkey_slayer

Thanks meat! Going to order one

3bailey3

I have a 26 inch barrel with open sites that I love! I thought it was shooting high until I talked to William at Sumtoy, I told him I was stacking the beads and He said that I was shooting up hill, just aim at the front bead and I am dead on!

Meatseeker

Quote from: turkey_slayer on May 23, 2018, 08:57:30 PM
Thanks meat! Going to order one

Its well made.  I picked up some olive drab Wheeler Cerakote Spray from Midway USA.  One thing to note.  With my Vortex Venom there was not enough space for protective cover that comes with the sight to fit when installed with the wings.  I took two channel locks and gentle flexed out the wings of the protector about an 1/8" so there would be enough tolerance for the sight and the cover.  Bingo... problem solved.  The protective cover now fits perfect.