OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ben Lee Package sale---SOLD

Started by idgobble, February 09, 2018, 06:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idgobble

45rpm record purchased in early or mid 70s, Aluminum and Slate Super Hen calls with original plexiglass strikers purchased in 70s, Lee's Champion Gobble Box signed by Ben purchased in 70s.  All the calls sound better now than they did when new.  The aluminum Super Hen has "Lees Turkey Calls, Coffeeville, ALA" still visible on the bottom, although it's faded a lot. You can barely see "Super Hen" on the bottom of the slate call. The slate has a string hole on the bottom end because it was attached to the striker by a string. (The striker was made to be attached by string).  The other striker has a hole for a string. The box says on each side, "Use This box for clucks, cackles and yelps" and below that, "Hand Made and Tested By Ben Rodgers Lee-World Champion Turkey Caller".  $300 for the package to your door.

Price reduced 2/13.  Well, I guess I priced it too high.  Let's try $250 and I'll add an Uncle Bill's Locator to the package (purchased in '87).  It sounds like a predator call and still sounds good. 

I tried to add the picture of the Uncle Bill's to this post and got an "error" message so I tried to reply to my Feb. 9 post with the picture attached and got the same "error" message.  If anyone is interested I can email the picture to you or maybe someone can tell me why I'm getting the "error" message and how to avoid it.

idgobble

davisd9

You are slowly killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

idgobble

Price Reduction.  See first post at the top of topic.