OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Too late for a Billy Buice trumpet

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, March 03, 2022, 07:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

So I'm kinda getting into trumpets.  With all the praise and pictures I read and see about Mr. Billy Buice's trumpets it's hard not to want one.  I think I read that he doesn't take call orders anymore and I can't blame him for that.  I think I did read that if he has a trumpet or two he's made that he may offer it for sale.  I don't want to call and aggravate him as I imagine he still gets calls and messages a lot from folks wanting a trumpet.  Other than buying one from the classified section is there a way to obtain a new one?  I've heard about people buying them at Unicoi. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

davisd9

He does not do shows any more, but he has finished what is left of his list and is going to start building inventory. Give him a month or so and call. If he has one then buy it, if not the. Just ask when a good time to try again will be.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: davisd9 on March 03, 2022, 07:52:06 AM
He does not do shows any more, but he has finished what is left of his list and is going to start building inventory. Give him a month or so and call. If he has one then buy it, if not the. Just ask when a good time to try again will be.
Perfect!  Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

nitro

Went to Billys for a few hours on 3/19. Picked up a pair of Cocus calls.

Most importantly , got to sit with and visit an old, dear friend.

Gents, Billy is taking a hiatus from the bench until June. After that is going to evaluate what he is wanting and able to do.

He asked me to advise that no more custom orders, no more custom mouthpieces and for sure , no more nonstop phone calls. He is at a point in his life where he has to make a decision.

He said he appreciates all the support and demand for his calls, but he needs a break.  Thanks for the understanding.
Royal Slam 2008

ol bob

Billy's been telling me the same thing for over a year. He had to admit that he was wore out, and its a lot more than call making. You get to be our age and you can only do what you can, when you can.

davisd9

Quote from: nitro on April 06, 2022, 06:47:14 PM

Went to Billys for a few hours on 3/19. Picked up a pair of Cocus calls.

Most importantly , got to sit with and visit an old, dear friend.

Gents, Billy is taking a hiatus from the bench until June. After that is going to evaluate what he is wanting and able to do.

He asked me to advise that no more custom orders, no more custom mouthpieces and for sure , no more nonstop phone calls. He is at a point in his life where he has to make a decision.

He said he appreciates all the support and demand for his calls, but he needs a break.  Thanks for the understanding.

Thanks for sharing. I am glad to hear he is taking a break.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gobblers roost

I told a couple guys the same thing yesterday  as per our conversation on the phone with him yesterday. Billy just didn't  sound like Billy. 

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

strum

I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. Like the other guys said he is not doing a list and told me to get back with him in june.