OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ARD And glare off turkey scope?

Started by mnhunter2, February 06, 2018, 11:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnhunter2

Just got a Nikon Turkey Pro Scope and it doesn't have an ARD(Anti-Reflective Device) with it and was wondering if it really important to try and get one, pro/con ideas?

MK M GOBL

I have a different scope and have never had one... never an issue but understand the premise. My buddy has a few and all have the ARD.

Have you check with Nikon? might have them on other scope that may fit yours?

MK M GOBL

dms2511

I had the same issue, and contacted Nikon customer service. They sent me one with no questions at no charge. Give them a call.

nyhunter

call Nikon and the'll send you one free , I had a bird spot something last year and only thing i could point it to was glare off my red dot scope, so all mine have ard's now , it gives me piece of mind. the Nikon ARD fit perfectly on my Red dot scope so thats what I used.

Premier Turkey Calls

I contacted Nikon and they said that it was discontinued so they don't have any to send. Any idea where else to go? Or better yet, is there another ARD that is compatible with the TurkeyPro?

1iagobblergetter

Personally I wouldn't sweat it much. I've used the Older version Nikon Turkey Pro for years with no problems. Most scopes don't have an ARD and people kill a lot of animals without them...How about all of the guys that wear glasses while hunting? If one ever does happen to run off you just get to hunt longer...