OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Went thru gear  (Read 8195 times)

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Went thru gear
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 10:06:20 PM »
Started looking hard at the Elite Rituals.

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 10:25:18 PM »
I like the looks of the Ritual. I get to see a lot of new bows when I take my son to bow tournaments. I also liked the looks of Prime Logic and Bowtech Realm X. I’m fond of smooth drawing bows that will hold steady for me.  That’s what I liked about the bow I ordered. I was surprised that shop had a Beast on the shelf. It won’t be a big selling bow and likely not stocked in many shops. It was a RH model and I shoot lefty. I shot it anyway. It was about the same as their new target bow. I’ve grown partial to PSE the last few years since my son started shooting for them.

If I wasn’t gonna shoot a PSE I would be looking at Elite, Prime and Bowtech. I like all of those bows.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 12:43:08 AM »
I got the Bowtech reign last year. The bow shoots. Before that I shot elite also great bows. Prime was good too but I hated the handle. As a bow instructor I don't use or show any low grab the handle grip. More of a push in the throat area. Same way I shoot recurves and longbows. That prime grip though just didn't suit me. Shot very good though.
Billy shot a real nice one this fall w a new Prime. Maybe he'll post a pic
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:27:19 AM by Bowguy »

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 09:05:36 AM »
Where I have no experience with the Prime, the string grooves worry me. They look narrow.

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »
Haha thanks Mike I don’t mind showing this guy off pretty proud of him. I got the Prime Centergy last season and I love it. When I went to my pro shop I had no intentions on Prime didn’t really know much about them. I shot all the new bows and was pretty set on Mathews Halon. Then the guy goes have you seen the new Primes I said no but what the hell I’ll shoot one. When I shot it my eyes lit up. Do yourself a favor and give em a shot. Awesome bows and there engineering is second to none. All personal preference though. Here’s the buck I shot with it this season.. 141” gross 136 7/8” net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 09:27:41 AM »
Nice deer!!

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »
Great buck Babs, do not think the three I killed can be added up to match that brute.  Not a bow guy though I have considered it many times, dirt road may eventually break me down.  They just seemed really high and I have not been able to figure out why they cost so much, but I am not that smart either.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 10:46:56 AM »
Congrats on a stud.

If I get serious in the buying mode (after turkey season), I will definitely shoot them all. Lately i've been setting up my muzzleloader. Been years since I fooled with it. Got it ready to start load development, just need the weather to let me get to the range. Premeasured 2 loads this week, with any luck I'll get to shoot a few this weekend.

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 08:22:12 PM »
Nice buck!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 03:47:45 PM »
Shot the 935, 835, and 11-87 20 gauge today. All are good to go next month. Also shot the muzzle loader for awhile, still needs much more load testing, but round 1 went well. 

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 05:04:18 PM »

A man purse in MO bottomland, it really brings out the color in my eyes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Went thru gear
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
Trying to get the vest packed and ready. Got everything except need to find my bottomland hat and get my thermocell out the car. Getting close to the 30 day mark!

“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 09:57:15 PM »
Y'all know Donald plans on killing birds, anybody that carries two Turkey totes must melt the barrels on them.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Went thru gear
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »
Y'all know Donald plans on killing birds, anybody that carries two Turkey totes must melt the barrels on them.

Them Louisiana hunters come ill prepared for killing so I help them out!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 10:13:06 PM »
 I thought about that after I posted. We will put them to use again in a few weeks. That was my first time using one, I'm a fan.