OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2018 season plans  (Read 5379 times)

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
2018 season plans
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:52:49 PM »
Hey guys.  Just wondering what everybody's plans for the upcoming season are.  I plan on hunting my home state of Iowa, as well as Minnesota and the Dakotas.  I will have 5 tags this year so hopefully I can get most of them filled.  If things go really well I might try and sneak in a Missouri hunt or even a Nebraska hunt, but time will tell.  I look forward to hearing what the rest of you have planned!

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Re: 2018 season plans
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:00:30 PM »
As usual I get to kick it off early march 20th in the SC lowcountry where I get 3 tags and get hunt hunt my inlaws property. The kids have spring break the next week so I took the week off and hope to get 5 of those days straight in SC. Then it's back to my home state of NC with 2 more tags in April.  I think I might carry the crossbow a few times again just to mix it up in NC and make the season last this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »
Guys I came down with a bad sickness and had to miss some work causing me to probaly have to mandatory use hunting time. I will know next week. So my time off work for season is going to be very very limited. I will probaly just hunt NC this year I’ve never hunted out of state and have a great friend and call builder wanting me to go to Florida in March after some them Osceola turkeys. However I ain’t going to be able to go. Also I’ve been asked to go to Nebraska and oaklahoma. I just do not have the time. So looks like I will take the little cousin opening youth day on April 7th and our season begins the 14th. I plan on hunting hard the 14th and hunting morning mid day 16th 17th and 18th. With my new work schedule I am off on Wednesday’s and Sundays because I am a bi-vocational Pastor. So that sums up everything for me.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 08:21:43 AM »
Oh no!!!  Sounds like you need someone to take your place.....hate to see those invites go unanswered. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Offline Hunter1979

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 11:52:38 AM »
I'm heading to Texas in April for an exotic hunt.  If there are some Rios there, I'm going to see if I can take a shot at them!

My turkey season is later here in Michigan this year.  I think they're making me wait until April 23 to start...and that's the early season.  I'm not sure if I'll get any time to try Ohio again or not this year.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
I'll kick off on March 20 as well, but I'm in the upstate of SC. Will hunt private and maybe some public here. Have contemplated going into Georgia, but I don't think I'll be able to this year. I have opening day off and the private land I picked up is 15 minutes from work so I may have to head in late a few times.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
2018 season plans
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »

the private land I picked up is 15 minutes from work so I may have to head in late a few times.

And take a long lunch....and leave early....and have "an appointment" or two...

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 12:25:21 PM »
Man, I'm getting excited for season! I believe my first day out will be April 7th

BottomLand54

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 01:30:27 PM »
hey them license and tags are expensive for sc aint they? how much it cost for out of state sc license i am only 45 mins from sc. i have a cousin in law who has about 100 some acres down there. when does there season begin

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 10:43:14 PM »
hey them license and tags are expensive for sc aint they? how much it cost for out of state sc license i am only 45 mins from sc. i have a cousin in law who has about 100 some acres down there. when does there season begin
Yeah it isn't cheap but out of state never is. Starts march 20 on private I believe.

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 06:53:06 AM »
I'll honestly say at least they have the 3 and 10 day option. Every other year I go back to my parents in Ohio to hun deer in November and it costs me around 250 for license and tags for a couple days because they don't have the option for a few days. I have to buy a yearly license.

BottomLand54

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 09:51:32 AM »
So 125 for annual out of statChristmas then 100 for big game tag?

How many turkeys can you take?

So 225 for year long out of state Sc license? And that tag includes you turkey? I heard you had to buy a tag for each animal.

BottomLand54

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 11:47:33 AM »
I hate auto correct not Christmas but license?

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »
So 125 for annual out of statChristmas then 100 for big game tag?

How many turkeys can you take?

So 225 for year long out of state Sc license? And that tag includes you turkey? I heard you had to buy a tag for each animal.

2-3 turkey limit depending on which WMA or private etc... Last year the deer tags changes and out of state had to buy for each deer tag. Turkey tags are still free.
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/turkeyseason.html#turkeytags

BottomLand54

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »
Thanks man