OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Ol Tom Easy Rider Vest  (Read 7233 times)

Offline low2497

New Ol Tom Easy Rider Vest
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:30:54 AM »
Have you guys seen the new Ol Tom Easy-Rider vest? Looks to be well thought out. Maybe inspired by the Dixon?

https://www.drakewaterfowl.com/collections/ol-tom/products/time-motion-easy-rider?variant=41146088592

Offline PALongspur

• Longbeard
Re: New Ol Tom Easy Rider Vest
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »
The design looks well thought out. Unfortunately unless some major changes have been made, I’ve never owned anything from this company that lasted an entire season. Good ideas, poor, poor quality.

Offline low2497

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 09:48:20 AM »
The design looks well thought out. Unfortunately unless some major changes have been made, I’ve never owned anything from this company that lasted an entire season. Good ideas, poor, poor quality.

Do you think the new Nomad vest would be a better option?

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 10:03:47 AM »
That vest is made of Denier rip-stop...which should be more durable than all the other Ol tom vests.  But that may also make is noisy... Don't know.  I just wished they had a water bottle holder on the side of their vests...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
I have the I beam 2.0 and it has pockets on side for a water bottle and one on the other side that my thermacell fits in. Also has more call pockets than anyone needs. I like it just trying to figure out how the gun cradle works. As is it sits too low for butt of gun when sitting against tree.

Offline Coop1082

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »
I’ve actually had really good luck with Ol’ Tom. I have the I-Beam 2.0 and if I had one complaint so far it’s that the internal pot call holders are extremely small. They won’t hold a single pot I own. I usually just stick one in a koozie (beer can holder) and throw it in a pocket and use the internal pot call area to carry more strikers. I just wish they would add greenleaf camo to their lineup.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Offline buzzardroost

New Ol Tom Easy Rider Vest
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 12:01:29 PM »
Until they add more camo
options, I won’t get one. That’s exactly why I’m selecting Nomad over Ol Tom.  Camo options and thermocell holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:13:02 PM by buzzardroost »

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »
Love my i beam and have hunted it hard the last couple years with no issues.  This vest has caught my eye but am disappointed with just one box call holder. I will look at it and the Nomad though I will hunt my Ibeam this year.  Worst case scenario I can throw my thermocell and water bottle in the game bag as I do not carry a turkey there anyway.  The extra box call pocket is what I would have to think on.  Bottomland is fine with me but do like the greenleaf, that will not factor in one over the other though.

Would like to know more about the gun cradle thing.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »
Looks alot like the Magellan Vest from Academy's

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-mens-camo-hunting-hybrid-turkey-vest#repChildCatid=5053386

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »
Sticking with my russell super Elite 3. It's pretty simple and  I can use the box call holders for gloves and whatnot. I don't like straps or padded pockets. Most of the new vests don't get a second glance from me. Unnecessarily complicated with stuff I dont need. I don't want to look like a member of the bomb squad headed to the woods.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 04:07:29 PM »
great to know..thanks for the info.

I have the I beam 2.0 and it has pockets on side for a water bottle and one on the other side that my thermacell fits in. Also has more call pockets than anyone needs. I like it just trying to figure out how the gun cradle works. As is it sits too low for butt of gun when sitting against tree.

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 04:11:21 PM »
No problem. I ran the gun cradle strap back thru hook to shorten it up and now butt sits perfect. Works great with my hunter specialties knee gun rest. Now I can have gun up and ready at all times and be hands free to run pots or whatever.

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 04:36:37 PM »
I just ordered the Easy Rider .. not to many pictures of the vest online. But I'm defiantly interested in the layout and want to take a closer look at it.  I have been on a quest of finding to perfect vest for the past 5 years or so...and I'm still searching.     :)

I will report back.

Offline Grey Owl

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 04:44:58 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/683776015066380/permalink/1419957974781510/

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
looks like a closed group.. can you post pics here? or additional info?