turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

T/C Encore

Started by AC 870, January 29, 2018, 11:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC 870

Anybody turkey hunting with one? How you like it? I'm on verge of getting a T/C in. 7-08 and thought I might look for a turkey barrel while I'm at it.

JHoyle

My wife shoots one in 7-08 and a 20ga turkey barrel. It's a killer. The 12ga barrel will kill on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phire Phite

BottomLand54

Quote from: AC 870 on January 29, 2018, 11:04:10 PM
Anybody turkey hunting with one? How you like it? I'm on verge of getting a T/C in. 7-08 and thought I might look for a turkey barrel while I'm at it.
The encore pro hunter 20 gauge is very lightweight, or shoulders perfect, also
Works great for young hunters as well. Gun has great sights on it, however the best option for a base for me at the time was an eabco Mount with a ff3 on top of it. The gun doesn't have much recoil at all, and is a pleasure to shoot. It is an expensive single shot but it is versatile allowing you to change out barrels. I have a Carlson .575 non ported extended choke and shoot federal heavyweight 3" 7s out of it. This year it will see a 3" 9s 1 5/8oz load of tss. I would have liked to try a sumtoy 562.5 out of it but the .575 Carlson did the trick. The factory choke does good  to 25 yards.

Phire Phite

Trax

Well, my T/C Encore Pro Hunter 20 just came in yesterday.

I spent last night and this morning putting it all together. Pretty happy with how it feels and shoulders, but haven't even shot it yet.
Looking for some additional choke tubes right now. Once I get a few things together, probably just after the convention I'll run some different load/choke combos through it and post up the results.

I put a Truglo RutNStrut shotgun scope on it. We'll see how that holds up. Never had a scope on a shotty before.

mightyjoeyoung

Nice rig. I love mine. I found with the smaller bore, I had to go a little on the tighter side constriction wise to get the patterns I wanted with the fed HW 7s.  William Sumtoy told me it should like the hevi and mag blend loads a lot with more flexibility in what chokes it likes. Right now it wears a SSX, but I have a bunch of chokes to try with the hevi shot loads this spring.  Once I start loading TSS she should become a real monster! Ultra lightweight,  nimble, great trigger.  You're gonna love yours.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BottomLand54

That's putty had a fellor buy mine from me the other day I loved it but he wanted it so I am building a 870 20 gauge compact

BottomLand54

Purty* there great guns

Dr Juice

Awesome. Good luck with it.

BottomLand54

.575 Carlson extended non ported and federal heavyweight 7's is what threw an awesome pattern with mine.

Guys say a Indian creek black diamond strike .555 with apex 3" 15/8oz 9s is wicked out of the guns.

mtns2hunt

Been thinking of a 20g. I already own a TC Encore Pro hunter. Never thought about putting a 20 ga barrel on it. But I am now - unfortunatly to late for this year. But will make a grand summer time project.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

BottomLand54

Time you buy a barrel and forend you can buy a youth 870 camo 20 gauge pump for 367.00 at walmart

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 12, 2018, 07:59:52 PM
Time you buy a barrel and forend you can buy a youth 870 camo 20 gauge pump for 367.00 at walmart

Lol. Actually  almost TWO.  Lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

AC 870

I got to pricing barrels and I nixed this project. I'm going with 870 compact.