turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEF 12 guage help

Started by mossybird, April 16, 2011, 04:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

I have a NEF Pardner 12 guage single shot with a FIXED modified choke. My first question is, can it be drilled and tapped for a scope? Second question would be, what is the best load for this gun(3 inch chamber)? Thanks.

BigPeck215

not a lot of meat over the chamber so most gunsmiths will not do it, one way to do it is to drill thru the chamber tap it and grind the screw flush with the chamber wall, seen a few ones like that. you could also silver solder a steel rail on i have seen them done that way too

as far as shells go i would give the fed heavyweight 7's a try w/ flite control wad or the hevi 13 7's  both should give killing patterns to at least 35yds, you wont have big 10" numbers but patterns should be very even.

the Ward

we just had one like yours drilled and tapped last year.the gunsmith that did it was very precise on the depth of the holes and scew length.he also told us not to remove it,it was more or less permenent.mounted a red dot and a truglo .665 and its a mean machine at both ends!check out nef's website.they offer a acessory barrel program and will fit a new barrel very reasonably.they offer short interchangable choke tube barrels that would make your gun a great little turkey slayer.if you go that route i recommend a 20guage barrel or install a real good pad.3 inch mags out of these things are pretty stout in the recoil department!creampuffs need not apply!good luck and hope i was of some help.....ward

mossybird

This wont be my gun, im just trying to set something up for my little brother to use. I used this gun as a dove gun. We already got a Limbsaver on it for him.