turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger 3500 with hevi 13 choke

Started by wmn2, January 28, 2018, 09:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmn2

Got a stoeger 3500 this year. APG, 26" barrel, pistol grip stock with speed bead and vortex venom. Here's my results with the hevi 13 choke with long beard #6, hevi 13 #7, and mag blend 5,6,7.

Long beard at 40

Long beard at 20

Hevi #7 at 40

Hevi #7 at 20

Magblend at 20. My 40 yard shot I pulled real bad and only had 2 blends with me.

Let me know what you guys think, but I'm thinking the hevi 7's get to play this year. Nice even spread at both distances with plenty of shot in the kill zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdaugherty

I've been shooting Hevi-shot since 2008 and have always got great penetration out of the pellets. I started with #6s and when the #7s came out I switched to them due to the dense pattern. Lots of friends and family shoot he Magblends and get great results. I believe that the odd pellet shape aides in the penetration, I have shot turkeys and had stray pellets bust through the breast and wing bones. For a #7 to do that is pretty good.

owlhoot

That long beard 20 yards away is scary tight,too easy to miss.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Buckeye_Strutter_935

i used a heavy shot choke last year with 3.5 inch LB's 6's and was getting around 225-235 i switched to a sumtoy .655 and now im seeing 288 all day
Feathers Fear Me