OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which pro diamond?

Started by jbennett, January 28, 2018, 06:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

Which magnification do you prefer on the Simmons Pro Diamond?

PALongspur

2x is plenty for turkey hunting.

tnanh

I have a 2x and a 4x. I like the 2x better but the 4x is ok too. I don't know if they still make the 2x though.

jbennett

All I can find is the 4x and 1.5x. The 4x is $30 cheaper but that seems like too much magnification...

davisd9

Love my 4x32 mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: jbennett on January 28, 2018, 11:08:37 AM
All I can find is the 4x and 1.5x. The 4x is $30 cheaper but that seems like too much magnification...

It isn't, have killed them from a few steps to 40 yards with it

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bluetick58

i like the 4x better have both

Tennessee Lead

4x

Stumpy225

Run the 1.5-5 but stays on 2x unless scoping cutover birds.

Greg Massey

The 1.5 -5 , you can always increase the magnification ..... you will find you will keep it on the low power most all the time... for early morning breaking light you want low magnification, draw more light ...

1iagobblergetter

I don't have a pro diamond, but have a few nikon turkey pros that are 1.5 x5 and also one that's 2x7 and a Leupold Nwtf 2x7. I rarely ever turn them up from the lowest magnification. IMO I would also choose the 1.5 x5....

Rufus

I have the 4x and it seems to work great.  I have not killed a turkey with it, but Mr. Coyote had a fatal run in with it.