OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: A Witch landed in NC  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Swab21

A Witch landed in NC
« on: January 27, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »
After lusting over the Witches Fiddles on this site I decided to give Allen (KentuckyHeadhunter) A shout about getting one for my Grandpa that has played Scratch boxes exclusively over his entire turkey hunting career for his birthday, I just knew he would love to own one. I did not see much hope in site as only a limited number were made. Allen told me he had one set back and he could make it happen, I was ecstatic. The Fiddle has a Spanish Cedar soundboard and the Striker is Blood wood, Its nice and raspy. I regret to say but during the time the call was being tweaked my grandfather unexpectedly passed, I decided to get his Initials on the scratch box in his memory. This call has so much emotional meaning to me and will be cherished forever and passed down to my children and so on, my grandfather might never get to see or hear this call but when I play it I cant help but picture him over my shoulder giving me pointers. This one is for you Grandpa.

Also touching down with this call was a surprise that I am super excited about, Its a call made from Spalted Tamarind with a Spanish Cedar soundboard, the striker is Laminated Maple and boy is she a talker. Allen told me this is the only call he has made from this species of wood and I am truly honored to own it. I want to say Thank you once again to Allen for these beautiful calls and for being such a genuine person, Allen is a top notch guy that makes top notch calls.

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: A Witch landed in NC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »
That’s some great looking scratch boxes , I have been looking at getting me one of the witches fiddle from Allen also

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 06:59:11 PM »
I'm glad you like them.  I'm still sorry for your loss.  He will always be with you in the woods and you will realize that one spring morning when you get a sign from him.  Trust me on that.  It still happens to me.  Thanks for the compliments.... and Mr Gosey I already have something for you!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 12:04:32 PM »
Congrats!!! Allen's scratchers are all turkey. Heck of a guy to boot!!!