turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2 man Black Duck limit

Started by Swab21, January 27, 2018, 06:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swab21

Here is a 2 man Limit of Black ducks me and a good friend killed the last day of the 2018 duck season In North Carolina. 2 Drakes and 2 Hens, One will be going to the taxidermy shop for mounting.

Old Timer53

Congrats on yo last day NC limit
:icon_thumright:

Swab21

Thank you!   I forgot to post it in the original post, When we walked into the swamp we jumped 6 Turkeys off the roost. Just after first light I had a Tom roosted in the middle of the swamp on a small island fly straight at me and scare me to death, He was roosted in some tall swamp grass which was odd to me. We sat until 11:30 and we could hear hens Yelping like no tomorrow. I Know where I am going to be hunting opening morning.   

mossyhorn2

Congrats on a good hunt! We use to see a few Black ducks here in Indiana but they seem to be few and far between anymore.

Swab21

Quote from: mossyhorn2 on January 29, 2018, 08:02:22 PM
Congrats on a good hunt! We use to see a few Black ducks here in Indiana but they seem to be few and far between anymore.

I usually hunt the coastal marshes, very few actual true blooded black ducks left, most of them are mallard/black duck hybrids.