OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Austy Bott Snakewood

Started by Champ63, January 26, 2018, 12:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgm1955

Wow!! A real beauty!! Congrats!!

antnye

Great call from a great guy! 

KPcalls

West Augusta

Quote from: Austy on January 26, 2018, 04:30:31 PM
Thanks guys for the nice comments, greatly appreciated!!  What Lee forgot to mention is that I Do Not stock Snakewood as some of you fellas already know because of its hi price, I do this as a hobby and just can't afford it.  In that call there is just shy of $60.00 just in materials (wood and buffalo horn) alone.  I wanted a Snakewood call for myself to hunt this year and ordered a piece for my call.  In my numerous conversations with Lee over the past year I knew that he had been kicking around for a long time on taking the dive to get a piece of Snakewood and sending it to me to build him a call.  I had the privilege of getting to finally meet Lee in person at Unicoi and hand deliver that call to him, I kept the sister call from the same piece for myself.  Thanks for the look guys.

What's worse is when that Snakewood blows up in the lathe.   Not much you can do after that.
That call you made looks great.  Nice meeting you at Unicoi.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Austy

West Augusta hit the nail square on the head with that statement, man that not only sucks but it is also a very expensive blow up as I am sure many of us can attest to.  Thanks guys for the compliments on the calls.  It was really nice to get to meet and have a face to face conversation with a lot of the fellas that I talk to throughout the year and shake some hands.  Unicoi was a blast!!