turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Walnut trumpets?

Started by Chris O, January 25, 2018, 08:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

I was wondering if any of you had some pictures of any walnut trumpets you could show me. I love walnut for other calls and was wondering how it was in a trumpet thanks.

gergg

Quote from: Chris O on January 25, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
I was wondering if any of you had some pictures of any walnut trumpets you could show me. I love walnut for other calls and was wondering how it was in a trumpet thanks.

I played a Walnut(English?) McClain trumpet last year and it sounded great.....I too love walnut for turkey calls.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

nitro

Walnut, especially aged, properly dried Walnut has great tonal qualities. I had Mr. Buice make a set of 6 calls for me and friends from a board i bought at a premium. The wood was grown in Cali and was over 100 years old at the time it was cut. Needless to say, the calls sound fantastic.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

The other 4 in the commission... wonderful Claro Walnut. None of the recipients complained.

I was tickled by the end results..worth every dime.
Royal Slam 2008

chefrific

Quote from: nitro on January 25, 2018, 09:20:53 PM
The other 4 in the commission... wonderful Claro Walnut. None of the recipients complained.

I was tickled by the end results..worth every dime.
Nitro those are beauties. Sir, your collection of Buice trumpets is something else.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chris O

Beautiful calls thanks for sharing

larry9988

Good walnut makes a good trumpet. I have made trumpets from many different domestic and exotic woods and the call I hunt with is made of walnut.

Chris O

Thanks for the replies I figured it would be a good choice